5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disappointed for the second time, this will be my last FCA product...

sergetexan

Reaction score
Ok , after 5 days , dealer ran water leak tests on all areas (sun roof, cowl, etc) finally was able to achieve a l bit of dampness in front floor board. Their conclusion is that the the factory sealant applied along press weld seam along the front door ( behind the door weather stripping ) was not sufficient so they applied a silicone fill along seam to compensate. So now have truck back and will see what happens after next few Houston monsoons, crossing fingers this corrects. Good news is that all the others tests showed no leaks.

kbUSMC2012

Reaction score
Ok , after 5 days , dealer ran water leak tests on all areas (sun roof, cowl, etc) finally was able to achieve a l bit of dampness in front floor board. Their conclusion is that the the factory sealant applied along press weld seam along the front door ( behind the door weather stripping ) was not sufficient so they applied a silicone fill along seam to compensate. So now have truck back and will see what happens after next few Houston monsoons, crossing fingers this corrects. Good news is that all the others tests showed no leaks.
Good for you man. I’m still waiting on my dealer to give me some indication of fixing it after 2 weeks.

sergetexan

Reaction score
Only time will tell, but I had several conversations with technition running tests and he seemed very methodical and thorough. Bad news is my driver side mirror still does not rotate down in reverse, but I will deal with that one later, I will post follow up after a few rains and car washes.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Thanks for the update. Are you able to post some pics of where those welds are and why the silicone sealant looks like?

bighorn.eh?

Reaction score
Update: Got mine back from the body shop today. Apparently there were two plugs on the A-pillar improperly installed. So they fixed them and added some sealant to be safe they said....

Well turns out they were wrong, still leaking. So back to the body shop it goes.....they are going to tear the entire front end off and dig deeper. Lovely.

bighorn.eh?

Reaction score
Update #2:

Truck is still leaking. The body shop took the truck apart (fenders off, cowl etc). He found a few spots in the seam sealer that looked potentially to be the issue. Sealed them up, poured the water to it again, and sure enough it is still leaking through the pinch weld and puddling in the drivers side floorboard area.

The shop is saying it may potentially not even be fixable now, as he is not sure what else can be done to repair it. He was going to speak to the service manager at the dealer and I contacted FCA to update my case file, just waiting to hear back now.

Meanwhile with rain in our forecast, I will keep the kick panel off and the towels handy......

Wish me luck...

sergetexan

Reaction score
Update #2: sorry to hear your dilemma , so far the sealant they put on my door frame weld seems to have done the trick, I am still checking after rain storms, have not run thru any high pressure car wash though

Truck is still leaking. The body shop took the truck apart (fenders off, cowl etc). He found a few spots in the seam sealer that looked potentially to be the issue. Sealed them up, poured the water to it again, and sure enough it is still leaking through the pinch weld and puddling in the drivers side floorboard area.

The shop is saying it may potentially not even be fixable now, as he is not sure what else can be done to repair it. He was going to speak to the service manager at the dealer and I contacted FCA to update my case file, just waiting to hear back now.

Meanwhile with rain in our forecast, I will keep the kick panel off and the towels handy......

Wish me luck...

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear of your rain/flooding issues. Had you lived in Phoenix or Vegas you may not have found out till after the warranty expired. So in one aspect (minor maybe) it was good to have found out. Just doesnt take away from your hassle and disappointment. I hope that RAM Care/FCA makes it right for you.

Users who are viewing this thread