5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disabling Seat Belt Reminder Chime

Raydar

Reaction score
I also disabled mine, using the procedure posted above. (Thanks all.)
We occasionally have to drive across a rather rutted pasture, on the farm (It's why I bought this truck - a 4WD, in the first place.)
I'm never going fast enough to hurt anything, but the seatbelt snatches you around, if it's worn. The chime was just annoying.

SAURKRT

Reaction score
Buy a set of 3" rigid seat belt extenders on amazon or seat belt extender pros and it will solve your problem and make it easier to fasten and unfasten your belt. been using them in every ride i have for years and give them to friends so i don't have to hear there chimes either when in unbuckled situations.

Cool idea. I've done the user-programmed override but 2 things:

1. Even with the proscribed override it only disables the chime. It still constantly displays the red seatbelt icon on the evic, and, on my 2015 at least, it would occasionally (and for no determinable reason) flash the entire evic with the seatbelt icon.
2. More importantly (and I'm not really that big - 6'2" and 210-230# depending on time of year) I find the seatbelt receptacle rather elusive. I just ordered a set just because I hate how hard it is to buckle up with one hand. If you use two, and use one hand to pull out the belt and the second to buckle, it's no problem. But with one hand I'm always fighting that last 1/2".

SAURKRT

Reaction score
I was going to start a new thread about the "key fob has left the vehicle" dinging... but this morning I had to get out of the truck, NO DINGING! My family will be thrilled!

Are you saying the seatbelt chime disable also disables the "key fob has left the vehicle" chime? it did NOT on my 2015. Haven't had a chance to evaluate on the 2020.

SAURKRT

Reaction score
Well, I tried it. Disabled the "Fob has left the building" but not the seat belt...

victorcole

Reaction score
I see in the owner's manual it says only the dealer and can turn this feature off, but I was wondering if anybody has found a way to do it yourself. Before you flame me, I always wear my seat belt. I work in a secure area that require me swipe in with a badge at a gate and that requires me to take off my belt in order to reach out the window. Then it beeps at me all the way through the parking lot.

dsmonline

Reaction score
2020 Big Horn it worked like a charm thanks!!

Fob has left the building worked fine on my 2020 Limited, however a word of caution. On my very first drive after disabling the chime, I stopped by a friend's place for a few minutes and (because I am still getting used to my new truck), stopped, put it in park and got out. Yep, forgot to hit the engine off button and because the truck is so quiet and my hearing is not the best, walked away with it still running. Came back 10 minutes later, still running! I may have to rethink this, wonder if the same process will reverse the setting?

Farble

Reaction score
You'll be glad to know that this is false. More than likely spread by someone that has never owned a RAM ;)

I just bought a 2020 and turned on the automatic park brake feature in the menus (I live on a hill). The other day I was trying to move my truck out of the driveway to make room for my wife's car and the truck would slam on the brakes as soon as I started to move. I thought maybe the front/rear sensors were covered by ice or snow which they were not. I tired it three more times - foot on the brakes, released the park brake, put my foot on the gas pedal and wham the park brake would slam on every time.

I turned off the feature cause I couldn't figure out why it was doing this to me, and just realized that I wasn't fastening my seat belt ...

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I just bought a 2020 and turned on the automatic park brake feature in the menus (I live on a hill). The other day I was trying to move my truck out of the driveway to make room for my wife's car and the truck would slam on the brakes as soon as I started to move. I thought maybe the front/rear sensors were covered by ice or snow which they were not. I tired it three more times - foot on the brakes, released the park brake, put my foot on the gas pedal and wham the park brake would slam on every time.

I turned off the feature cause I couldn't figure out why it was doing this to me, and just realized that I wasn't fastening my seat belt ...
Right. We were discussing the chime hack w/o having automating park brake feature on, which works great like that.

Thanks,

Tex_Ram

Reaction score
Just disabled the seat belt chime on my 2020 Limited. Now to figure out the fob has left the building chime!
How??? I've tried every way I've seen available online and nothing has worked.. That ding from the mailbox to down my driveway irritates tf outta me having to put on a seatbelt.

brenan00

Reaction score
Does anybody know how reverse this, so it will chime again? Is it a matter of leaving the belt in instead out? I cannot seem to figure out the combination. Thanks

KRField

Reaction score
Does anybody know how reverse this, so it will chime again? Is it a matter of leaving the belt in instead out? I cannot seem to figure out the combination. Thanks

Usually it’s the same procedure as disabling the chime. Not sure on these trucks since I haven’t tried. If the procedure doesn’t activate the chime try leaving it buckled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread