5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disabling Seat Belt Reminder Chime

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see in the owner's manual it says only the dealer and can turn this feature off, but I was wondering if anybody has found a way to do it yourself. Before you flame me, I always wear my seat belt. I work in a secure area that require me swipe in with a badge at a gate and that requires me to take off my belt in order to reach out the window. Then it beeps at me all the way through the parking lot.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Found on another forum for those interested.

I just wanted let people know that the same procedure for the 09-18 disable works on the 19’ as well. Simply put belt on, turn key on, wait till everything boots up in the cluster then Unbuckle and buckle three times while finishing with it buckled. Turn ignition off and you should hear a chime. No more belt alert.

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score

I just wanted let people know that the same procedure for the 09-18 disable works on the 19’ as well. Simply put belt on, turn key on, wait till everything boots up in the cluster then Unbuckle and buckle three times while finishing with it buckled. Turn ignition off and you should hear a chime. No more belt alert.
When you say turn key on, is you saying to turn the switch on or crank the truck.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When you say turn key on, is you saying to turn the switch on or crank the truck.

Put the truck into run without starting it. Allow all the gauges to cycle. Then do the unclick/click 3 times in 10 secs. Shut off right after and you will hear a ding. If not, it didn't work. There are a bunch of YouTube videos that cover this if you are a visual learner.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ha, first thing I did... right at the dealership.

I was going to start a new thread about the "key fob has left the vehicle" dinging... but this morning I had to get out of the truck, NO DINGING! My family will be thrilled!

TimG

Reaction score
By disabling this, will it allow you to actually move in drive with the seatbelt off? I had heard that with the new electronic parking break, it wouldn't disengage unless the seatbelt was fastened.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
By disabling this, will it allow you to actually move in drive with the seatbelt off? I had heard that with the new electronic parking break, it wouldn't disengage unless the seatbelt was fastened.
Happy to report that is not the case.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
You'll be glad to know that this is false. More than likely spread by someone that has never owned a RAM ;)

dalailama23

Reaction score
I see in the owner's manual it says only the dealer and can turn this feature off, but I was wondering if anybody has found a way to do it yourself. Before you flame me, I always wear my seat belt. I work in a secure area that require me swipe in with a badge at a gate and that requires me to take off my belt in order to reach out the window. Then it beeps at me all the way through the parking lot.
Buy a set of 3" rigid seat belt extenders on amazon or seat belt extender pros and it will solve your problem and make it easier to fasten and unfasten your belt. been using them in every ride i have for years and give them to friends so i don't have to hear there chimes either when in unbuckled situations.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Buy a set of 3" rigid seat belt extenders on amazon or seat belt extender pros and it will solve your problem and make it easier to fasten and unfasten your belt. been using them in every ride i have for years and give them to friends so i don't have to hear there chimes either when in unbuckled situations.

That is another way. But, I like the free solution and I'm not crazy about the looks of the extenders. I defeat the chime because I don't use the seat belt on my 15 mph half mile drive to get my mail. Just being lazy.

dalailama23

Reaction score
That is another way. But, I like the free solution and I'm not crazy about the looks of the extenders. I defeat the chime because I don't use the seat belt on my 15 mph half mile drive to get my mail. Just being lazy.
Exactly the same here.

Rayzram

Reaction score

Worked like a charm.....THANK YOU !!!!

He57mi

Reaction score
Try something like this, it really do its job lol.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 100

SmearODeer

Reaction score
So Just to be Clear the procedure to disable the seat belt is the same for all mopar vehicles I have owned for a few years. When performed on the 2019 Ram (all series) you must start with vehicle off, as if you just opened the door (that was for those sitting in their truck and your still hearing your radio). Buckle up and then press your start button twice to boot the computer and have in the run position. (I was able to do both with engine actually running and just in run position.) Unbuckle then buckle 3 times ending in the buckled position. I did not hear a chime but I could be hard of hearing. I have the e-brake set to auto and if your not buckled when you put into drive you have to manually release. If your already in drive when you unbuckle the E-brake does not come on.

Michael_D

Reaction score
I tried the procedure as described above several times. Would not disable the chime. I then got irritated and buckled/unbuckled ten times. Chime disabled after that...... No idea how many times one has to buckle/unbuckle, but three was not enough in my truck. I have a Longhorn with the 12" screen. I also had the ignition in the RUN position, engine off.

Users who are viewing this thread