5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disabling Seat Belt Reminder Chime

Michael_D

Reaction score
I suppose that's possible....... Sure seemed to be fully booted with everything up and running though. Point being, if three belt click cycles do not work for you, don't give up. Try a few more.

2019Ram64

Reaction score
The proper procedure is.

Plug seat belt in. Turn the vehicle to the run position but do not start.

Wait for the seat belt light to go out. The. Unplug and plug in the drivers seat belt three times leaving it in on the 3rd. Turn off the ignition and you should hear a beep. That’s it.

Same for turning it on. Of course the light never shuts off until you plug in your seat belt.

Member of the Gas Monkey Garage crew.
Nyinstaller2 on IG

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The proper procedure is.

Plug seat belt in. Turn the vehicle to the run position but do not start.

Wait for the seat belt light to go out. The. Unplug and plug in the drivers seat belt three times leaving it in on the 3rd. Turn off the ignition and you should hear a beep. That’s it.

Same for turning it on. Of course the light never shuts off until you plug in your seat belt.

Member of the Gas Monkey Garage crew.
Nyinstaller2 on IG

That's exactly what VEctorZ posted back in August in the 1st 2 posts.....

James1414d

Reaction score
I'll listen to the Ram's chime all day long compared to my old 2015 Silverado's. Absolutely ridiculous!

eduardolalo11

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I know this is different but when I start up my truck there is a 6th extra chime after everything is powered on like when your gas is running low or any type of warning light is on. Now in this video you can hear it I don’t know why it chimes when there is no alerts

Also I know the seat belt is not on but I’ve tried on and off and it doesn’t change anything.

Please help!!!

dalailama23

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I know this is different but when I start up my truck there is a 6th extra chime after everything is powered on like when your gas is running low or any type of warning light is on. Now in this video you can hear it I don’t know why it chimes when there is no alerts

Also I know the seat belt is not on but I’ve tried on and off and it doesn’t change anything.

Please help!!!

In your video it looks like the seat belt or other light is still on , on the right side cluster.

whsk12

Reaction score
worked okay on my 2019 rebel-now need to figure out how to turn the light off?

SemperGumby

Reaction score
Now if only we could disable the door ajar chime when you are trying to detail the truck AND listen to music at the same time. So dang annoying.

Tex_Ram

Reaction score
Anyone have luck with a 2020? Ive tried a couple dozen times, different ways and no luck

drstein

Reaction score
Bought a Two pack, very similar on Ebay, 3 dollars and change for two and no more dinging.

deanfx

Reaction score
I can't get this to work either. When I attempt it it will disable the chime until I turn the truck off then back on. Like a momentary disable.

Tex_Ram

Reaction score
Bottle Opener by Tikit |... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G25JW47?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

just got mine a week or so ago, much better than hearing the damn chime
Only issue I have with these is I actually do wear my seat belt most of the time, it's just when I'm out driving around on a job site that I don't.. If I'm going to spend the time to plug that in, I may as well just put on the seat belt.. My 17 Ram 1500 chime disabled with the instructions above but my 20 just isn't budging.. Guess I'll have to make my way to a dealership

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/