5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disabling Active Noise Cancellation

Quint

Reaction score
If the ANC drowns out the loud farts after burrito lunches, then maybe I'll have to leave it plugged in....

KSOTI

Reaction score
If the ANC drowns out the loud farts after burrito lunches, then maybe I'll have to leave it plugged in....
The problem with your theory is that when you open a window the ANC turns off! Not joking.....it really does. Lol

bbetts00

Reaction score
So for us that have the 12" screen with the Alpine setup are S.O.L?
I never saw a response to this. I also have the Alpine system on a ‘19 Limited. Is there a bypass cable compatible with that setup?

Yams2k20

Reaction score
I'm mainly having sound quality issues. It seems to get better and worse depending on how fast I'm going. I figured the ANC system is the cause.
It's the 2 brown wires. You need to cut them. They are your cam shaft position sensors. Basically speed controlled volume.

Manny1110

Reaction score
It's the 2 brown wires. You need to cut them. They are your cam shaft position sensors. Basically speed controlled volume.
Hey I have the PAC ANC-CH01 does that take care of the brown wires? Or still needed after?

I am having an unpleasant sound coming in after the anc bypass I don’t think it’s a ground loop issue as I grounded from factory ground location behind driver side rear seat and wire brushed out any paint on them.

I’m thinking that it’s just truck noise that the anc system is put in place to remove. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Manny1110

Reaction score
Hey I have the PAC ANC-CH01 does that take care of the brown wires? Or still needed after?

I am having an unpleasant sound coming in after the anc bypass I don’t think it’s a ground loop issue as I grounded from factory ground location behind driver side rear seat and wire brushed out any paint on them.

I’m thinking that it’s just truck noise that the anc system is put in place to remove. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Guys I found a solution to this.

My noise ended up being engine noise coming through the firewall from the location that I used to get amplifier 4 gauge wire from the engine compartment to the back.

It wasn’t a big hole by any means, but once i located the sound I was able to apply sound deadening around the area and seal it back up. Problem solved.

So glad I got this sorted out. The noise was driving me nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread