5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Julio13

Reaction score
I folllowed the instructions and my blade started at 1" but exit at 1/2" lol. I am bad with the reciprocating saw. I didn't want to use the grinder and those were my only two cutting tools that i could use for the job.
There is also a video in american trucks were they cut right after the weld. So i think either is probably fine

Thank you yes those are the ones I’ve seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Julio13

Reaction score
Well finally bought mbrp installed it yesterday but definitely leaks at the clamp at muffler shop today to get it welded on and don’t know why my passenger side tip sticks out a little more than drivers see if they could fix that also

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well finally bought mbrp installed it yesterday but definitely leaks at the clamp at muffler shop today to get it welded on and don’t know why my passenger side tip sticks out a little more than drivers see if they could fix that also

All that money for the cut and clamp coil have just bought the muffler and had it welded

Julio13

Reaction score
All that money for the cut and clamp coil have just bought the muffler and had it welded

Yeah I thought it would be installed myself and it was but had that leak I was afraid of universal muffler and the drone oh well overall happy not having to worry about leaks

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I thought it would be installed myself and it was but had that leak I was afraid of universal muffler and the drone oh well overall happy not having to worry about leaks

How much did it cost to weld, it couldn't be that much i imagine. The tips on mine turn out even but it's something that has been posted on the forum before on after market exhaust, even borla's. Some jb weld might had done the trick to seal

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Go back and have the resonator's removed and even the length of the tips.

Julio13

Reaction score
How much did it cost to weld, it couldn't be that much i imagine. The tips on mine turn out even but it's something that has been posted on the forum before on after market exhaust, even borla's. Some jb weld might had done the trick to seal

Yes I always try taking the cheap way out and it barely works out so I said forget it let me do it right this time it was 75 dollars no leak but tips are still not even not too happy about that

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes I always try taking the cheap way out and it barely works out so I said forget it let me do it right this time it was 75 dollars no leak but tips are still not even not too happy about that

have you tried to switch the tips around (passenger to driver/ driver to passenger?)

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
My shop was around $100 I think. We discussed this in another thread and some folks were saying $350. That’s way too much imo

Julio13

Reaction score

No they were all perfect with stock muffler I guess new muffler changes position a bit since it’s smaller

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My shop was around $100 I think. We discussed this in another thread and some folks were saying $350. That’s way too much imo
yea I remember that post and agree that is way too much even for my area which is not the cheapest either after hearing what other have paid

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My shop charged $75 to weld on the Carven TR and I got the muffler for $82. So I'm out $157 so I'd say not a bad deal.
how is the drone with the TR, not many videos out there on it - @cmejatt was asking last week, he is undecided between the fab 2 moderate, carven tr and flowmaster flow fx
and do you still have the resonators on

Users who are viewing this thread