5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cmejatt

Reaction score
$300 for a simple cut and clamp. Save some money and get a carven r series and have it welded. I did this all in for $160 sounds great.

I’ll be going soon to remove the resonator's removed.

Perfect sound for a HEMI!
Sounds amazing!

Any drone issue?

Do you have link where you got yours from? Or part number so I can find it online

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds amazing!

Any drone issue?

Do you have link where you got yours from? Or part number so I can find it online
The only notable drone i would mention is when MDS kicks on but other than that with music turned up to 10 it’s fine. Hwy speeds no drone at all.

I got it directly from carvens website. You can look around on YouTube and find promo codes or sign up on their website to receive 10% off with the email subscription.

Julio13

Reaction score
I finally went with MBRP after paying I remembered I have e-torque I don’t see why it would make a difference just want to make sure it will work if anybody with that setup could chime in mbrp with e-torque would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I finally went with MBRP after paying I remembered I have e-torque I don’t see why it would make a difference just want to make sure it will work if anybody with that setup could chime in mbrp with e-torque would be appreciated

confirm, it works - I have e-torque

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This video is making me reconsider getting a carven direct muffler replacement

Omg I had to laugh! He spends the first half of his vid complaining that he can hear the aftermarket exhaust he installed :ROFLMAO:. I think his real complaint was the drone, which is at least valid. Side note, I think the stock exhaust on a Viper is the worst sounding performance exhaust I've ever heard on a factory vehicle.

Ready Go

Reaction score
Check out the Mopar GT exhaust. Great sound on cold start and when you get on it. Quiet while cruising with absolutely no drone.
Can 100% confirm this!!! AND, my wife would 100% agree...you'd both be happy with the G/T exhaust!

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
My major concern was what he showed at 3:25 - 4:45
Flowfx isn’t as loud as that carven. Sounds good when you get on it but otherwise it’s tame. No drone or aggravation.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Idk -

Thinking should I play it safe and just get B2Fabricatioknoval muffler .. but seems so quiet lol
that video was on a 4th gen wasn't it - so not sure if that would be the same sound experience on a 5th gen
from when I did my research the carven is more to the louder side but you could go with their universal TR muffler - it's suppose to be more quite,
Over all I found the reviews on the carven great with very few complains on drone

cmejatt

Reaction score
that video was on a 4th gen wasn't it - so not sure if that would be the same sound experience on a 5th gen
from when I did my research the carven is more to the louder side but you could go with their universal TR muffler - it's suppose to be more quite,
Over all I found the reviews on the carven great with very few complains on drone
I can try that also -

Guess either one

I just don’t need it to drone lol

Julio13

Reaction score
Guys with MBRP and installed themselves how much did you cut I see a video and they say 1 inch after weld?

cmejatt

Reaction score
only way to find out if its to your liking is to install one, go for it
I went thru a lot of videos and several threads here before I made my decision and I am happy with it but more volume would nice
So carven TR no drone at all?

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Guys with MBRP and installed themselves how much did you cut I see a video and they say 1 inch after weld?

I folllowed the instructions and my blade started at 1" but exit at 1/2" lol. I am bad with the reciprocating saw. I didn't want to use the grinder and those were my only two cutting tools that i could use for the job.
There is also a video in american trucks were they cut right after the weld. So i think either is probably fine

Users who are viewing this thread