5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cmejatt

Reaction score
Catbacks are the same install as muffler only if not easier? Most kits are 100% clamps, Borla for example has 3 kits and they only use clamps and the existing bolts.

You are going to need to cut and weld to get a muffler replaced, and you will keep the resonators by the tips?

If you want to keep it quiet for your wife do nothing, else replace it.
The OEM exhaust sounds great if she wants quiet.
It’s just for budget purpose.

Carven direct replacement needs one pipe cut other side is bolted.

And my wife isn’t opposed to do an exhaust she just don’t want it to be drone kn Hwy. Our last daily had resonator delete and mufflers. It had a drone on Hwy speeds. So taking phone calls / listening music on low volume while kids slept got annoying. That’s all

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It’s just for budget purpose.

Carven direct replacement needs one pipe cut other side is bolted.

And my wife isn’t opposed to do an exhaust she just don’t want it to be drone kn Hwy. Our last daily had resonator delete and mufflers. It had a drone on Hwy speeds. So taking phone calls / listening music on low volume while kids slept got annoying. That’s all
Ah ok.

Might try checking out the used marketplaces near you, might be able to find a hidden gem.

I managed to get a used catback for 60% of the new price and it was only used for 2 months (I know you don't want a catback)

There have been people selling flowmasters and even some Borla exhausts that got cut off cheap too.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got a Carven TR on order for mine and from what I've heard and read, the resonators are supposed to help (but not totally eliminate) with the in-cab drone. I plan on leaving mine on.
that's what most say - resonator on = less drone but a few here and there have found less drone and better sound with them off

cmejatt

Reaction score
I have the B2 Oval system on my 2022 RAM........NICE roar on acceleration and whisper quiet at highway speeds.....BEST part.....NO DRONE!! (y) (y) (y)
Then I might go with B2 lol

I literally need 0 drone that’s all hahaha

eazy1500

Reaction score
Carven Cat-back system here. I love it. Cold starts and warm starts sound awesome. No bothersome droning. Can cruise through the neighborhood with it barely making any noise. It helps when I come home late or leave a bit early. Freeways are not bad either while cruising, when your foot is on the pedal it sounds like a HEMI should - loud and not obnoxious.

I went back and forth with all the brands. After putting pieces together, deleting resonators, getting tips, etc. the cost and effort came down to about $300 more for a full and properly built kit.

It came down to Borla Atak and the Carven. And Carven edged out for me because it was about $300 less than the Borla. And the welds on Carven look awesome. My only gripe (probably the same with any maker) is the rear pipe on the driver side and the OEM bed step are in the way of each other.

Last edited:

cmejatt

Reaction score
Carven Cat-back system here. I love it. Cold starts and warm starts sound awesome. No bothersome droning. Can cruise through the neighborhood with it barely making any noise. It helps when I come home late or leave a bit early. Freeways are not bad either while cruising, when your foot is on the pedal it sounds like a HEMI should - loud and not obnoxious.

I went back and forth with all the brands. After putting pieces together, deleting resonators, getting tips, etc. the cost and effort came down to about $300 more for a full and properly built kit.

It came down to Borla Atak and the Carven. And Carven edged out for me because it was about $300 less than the Borla. And the welds on Carven look awesome. My only gripe (probably the same with any maker) is the rear pipe on the driver side and the OEM bed step are in the way of each other.
Can you send link where you got it from

eazy1500

Reaction score
Can you send link where you got it from

Look around for a coupon, the 15% one might still be working. I can’t remember which one I used but I know there’s a couple. They also have a 10% one you can get with the email sign up.

Squatch79

Reaction score
Can anyone else with Carven exhaust chime in lol
Had mine done a few weeks ago. Just done the OEM muffler swap to Carven TR and left resonators on. Just a little louder than stock at idle and a little louder than stock when you give it the beans. Drones a little when MDS kicks in but it's not unbearable. Overall I'm happy with it.

RebelJC

Reaction score
I had the MBRP HI Flow muffler on my last Ram, install was easy and it sounded great. The only time I ever heard any drone was if I let MDS kick in, which it never did after installed the Pulsar. If my GT exhaust didn't sound so good I would have one on this Ram as well.
My .02
I have the same MBRP. ZERO drone unless the MDS kicks in. Sounds great and easy install.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I watched a few videos. Carven TR sounds very similar to the FlowFX. MBRP seems to be a bit louder.

Julio13

Reaction score
I’m between MBRP and the afe Apollo gt muffler upgrade the afe price is awesome but no info or video to sample looking for something not too loud hopefully no drone and not too loud in cabin or besides those any other suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m between MBRP and the afe Apollo gt muffler upgrade the afe price is awesome but no info or video to sample looking for something not too loud hopefully no drone and not too loud in cabin or besides those any other suggestions

the mbrp should do it - that is what I have, however now that I have gotten use to it I feel that I need more volume and thinking I am ready for the resonator delete kit. Just work is a little slow right now and I am gonna hold for that expense for now

Julio13

Reaction score
the mbrp should do it - that is what I have, however now that I have gotten use to it I feel that I need more volume and thinking I am ready for the resonator delete kit. Just work is a little slow right now and I am gonna hold for that expense for now

How’s the drone? And inside cab muffler is not loud some of these mufflers people say they could barely hear passenger talking

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How’s the drone? And inside cab muffler is not loud some of these mufflers people say they could barely hear passenger talking

drone is very very minimal, it will not be an issue to hold a conversation

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok now to try and get a good deal

This is where I found the best price for mine, free shipping, no tax and 10% off with coupon MBRP10 - coupon still works - or you could hold for black friday - its just 3 months away
I forgotten I submitted a video on my review - It's not the best because I had my dad step on it for me but he didn't rev it up too good

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
$300 for a simple cut and clamp. Save some money and get a carven r series and have it welded. I did this all in for $160 sounds great.

I’ll be going soon to remove the resonator's removed.

Perfect sound for a HEMI!

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
$300 for a simple cut and clamp. Save some money and get a carven r series and have it welded. I did this all in for $160 sounds great.

I’ll be going soon to remove the resonator's removed.

Perfect sound for a HEMI!
$160 its a great deal but might depend on the area - cheapest in my area was $250 for the carven vs $274 for the mbrp so it wasn't a big difference but I would consider welded to be a best installation over clamps

Users who are viewing this thread