5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did you renew SiriusXM Guardian

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I got a bunch of offers for SiriusXM Radio and I was able to get it for $6 per month. I would probably need 75% off to think about Guardian. 🤣
Same here. I haven’t paid full price for XM radio since my first truck had it back in 2008 if I remember right. Paying full price is for suckers.😆

As far as the Guardian package doubt I’ll ever pay for that. Always let that expire after the free trial. Price is ridiculous even with a discount. Should be free for as much as we pay for these vehicles nowadays.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got a bunch of offers for SiriusXM Radio and I was able to get it for $6 per month. I would probably need 75% off to think about Guardian. 🤣
Yeah, is why I never renewed. For that price, even with the discounts, I’m good.

Goldsy

Reaction score
Never pay full price for anything SiriusXM. They always seem to have some great deals to offer once you let it expire. I had them at 75% off when I had my Titan. I'll see what they have to ofer for my Ram in September when my free year is up. I got the SiriusXM radio for 5 years when I bought my truck, but only one year on the Guardian.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
so you can not get remote lock or unlock without SiriusXM?

that is stupid

I ain't paying 6 dollars a month just to unlock the truck with an app.
Without the subscription, the app is pretty useless. Probably the only thing I liked about it was the vehicle health report update every so often. Other than that, the on board displays kinda give you the same info as the app.
Already having keyless entry and remote start, etc. renewal not worth what I already get for free.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LOL, as I was replying earlier, an email comes in from Sirius XMGuardian to renew at 12.99/mo for remote start and remote horn and flash. Can’t make this ***t up! 🤣

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Did you renew SiriusXM Guardian?​

So the guardian part is the ram connect?
I have been getting renewal offers for 78% off right now and a free google nest.
Im guess this is for xm only. I normally would never renew but since i can now stream it on my computer phone truck and any other vehicle or radio device with a bluetooth adapter i am considering it.

Methodman04

Reaction score
I let it expire. But then found out online navigation is tied to it. Still didn’t renew and use CarPlay for navigation.

azzx

Reaction score
The offers and the app are useless. I would pay for the full service maybe $25 / year. Never had the vehicle health report!
in my case when the service ended, so did the on-line address search. there has been few threads about the 2 events not being related, in my case they are!
Few times I have had free for 3 months offer, on-line search worked, when the trail period was ended, so did the on-line search functionality.
BS Nickle and diming owners. Many other manufacturers offer better service for free (Ford, MB, KIA, etc.)

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Offers will roll in once it expires. Mines expired in April, about two weeks later, it started at a 25% off discount. It is now June and am at 60% off.
Sirius expects you to renew right away, so you pay top price for it. How many emails have you received about renewing to avoid service interruption?
They won’t send any offers until they realize that you haven’t renewed yet.
Got this info from many other members on here. It will happen eventually, but your subscription has to be fully expired before they send you any offers.
I still thing you are confusing SiriusXM radio subscription with Guardian for remote start. The best "deal" I have gotten for Guardian in a year since it expired was still $15/mo which isn't worth it

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
"OFFER DETAILS: Activate a Music & Entertainment subscription plan and pay $4.99/month for your first 12 months, plus get free activation (an additional $15 value). Fees and taxes apply. A credit card is required on this offer. Service will automatically renew thereafter every month and you will be charged at then-current rates (currently, $17.99/month). Please see our Customer Agreement at www.siriusxm.com for complete terms and how to cancel, which includes online methods or calling us at 1-866-635-2349. All fees, content and features are subject to change. This offer cannot be combined with any other and may be modified or terminated at any time. Offer is good only on qualifying ESN/Device IDs as determined solely by SiriusXM. Channel lineup varies by package."

no way!

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I still thing you are confusing SiriusXM radio subscription with Guardian for remote start. The best "deal" I have gotten for Guardian in a year since it expired was still $15/mo which isn't worth it
Don’t think I’m confused, but I have been dropped on my head one too many times.
XM Radio is the only subscription I actually renew. Yesterday, got this email from XMGuardian. Deal or not, still not worth it.

Attachments

• 3275728D-BA7F-4782-A7A9-244E6F438197.jpeg
    3275728D-BA7F-4782-A7A9-244E6F438197.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 61

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My SiriusXM Guardian subscription expired about two weeks ago, but I'm still getting the Vehicle Data report on my Uconnect app. I just don't have the Remote functions & vehicle location anymore.
I did renew my SiriumXM radio subscription ... $5.99+taxes&fees=$7.75/mo. My current subscription contract ends on 12/12/2022 and the price will jump to $17.99/mo+taxes&fees. I will probably cancel it if I can't get a discounted price. I only use my truck on the weekends, and paying around $20/mo is a no go.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My SiriusXM Guardian subscription expired about two weeks ago, but I'm still getting the Vehicle Data report on my Uconnect app. I just don't have the Remote functions & vehicle location anymore.
I did renew my SiriumXM radio subscription ... $5.99+taxes&fees=$7.75/mo
My guardian XM was expired for almost a year. Then I updated my radio with latest firmware in May, and I got my first every vehicle data report the first of June. Never got one the entire time I had owned my truck until then.

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
big nope here.....for the remote start that worked about 30% of the time and outrageous price and really really bad interface / app,

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got this offer ... $60 for 6mos.

Attachments

• SxmGuardian.jpg
    SxmGuardian.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 31

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
Yeah I got the same offer. I see no reason to use their services. I do like the SiriusXm radio and I pay for that separate. However, the only thing I would use the phone App for is to remote start my car and I can use the key fob for that. When I've tried to use the remote start function somewhere my key fob doesn't have enough reach for it, the Sirius app on my phone doesn't connect most of the time. In fact, the week I got my truck the salesperson couldn't help me get the Sirius app working at all because it didn't connect consistently. I have no use for this service.

Users who are viewing this thread