5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did you renew SiriusXM Guardian

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
I'm coming up on one year from my 1500 purchase. One of the services that I got with my purchase was a 1 year subscription for the service provided by SiriusXm Guardian. Does anyone use it? I have had it NOT work / connect several times and I can't see a need to renew and continue the service.

SiriusXm radio is a different story. I use that all the time.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have no idea what it is. Never used it. In fact, I've only played FM stations once. I stream everything from my phone.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Way too much per month…and crazy that it’s not included in any SiriusXM streaming packages. I let it expire (even though I still subscribe to the music service).

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
as other have said, didn't use it and expensive so I let it expire.
the only one feature that made me consider it was the theft assist feature but first you need to file the police report, case number by then probably your vehicle was lost forever

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I let it expire, like I did SiriusXM. SiriusXM sounds horrible with the Uconnect 12 compared to HD Radio and streaming.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The sound spectrum isn't really there. Many have commented that they are disappointed in the 19 speaker Harmon Kardon system. I will agree that it sounds flat and not full spectrum. My old Bose system in my 2006 Silverado sounded so much better.

However, in Orlando, there's a rock station that plays in HD, and when the HD kicks in, the audio is phenomenal. Listening to the same station without HD sounds flat, as does SiriusXM and other non-HD radio stations. I find the HD sound and the streaming (Pandora or Spotify) from my phone sound the best.

I may need to replace the speakers with better sounding ones, but it hasn't been a priority since I listen to the same station, that sounds great when HD is active.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Let it expire. Only time I ever used it is if I felt like I forgot to lock the truck when I went to bed. Now I just get my lazy *** up and go get the remote.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Let it expire. The only halfway useful features were remote lock/unlock, and remote start through the app. But I rarely used those and they took a good 30 seconds to a full minute to work, if they worked at all. The tracking feature was slow and not accurate the few times I played with it.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Let it expire. The only halfway useful features were remote lock/unlock, and remote start through the app. But I rarely used those and they took a good 30 seconds to a full minute to work, if they worked at all. The tracking feature was slow and not accurate the few times I played with it.
The locking was so insanely slow it wasn't useful. My wife's traverse is within 5 seconds.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The locking was so insanely slow it wasn't useful. My wife's traverse is within 5 seconds.
My wife's Traverse was the same, but she only got 3 months free on her new 2020. Her old 2017 was lifetime.

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
I have the same experience. I have a delay if I use the app and sometimes there is no connection... I see no reason to renew my free trial subscription.

My remote / key fob is fine with me.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
She's got the 2017 with lifetime. Great deal.
Yeah, my wife was a little upset when she found out the new one was only good for three months. And then we have people here complaining when we get one year.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you actually used it, let it expire and just wait for the offers to roll in. My latest offer from Sirius to renew was like 60% off.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't seen a discount for Guardian yet.
Offers will roll in once it expires. Mines expired in April, about two weeks later, it started at a 25% off discount. It is now June and am at 60% off.
Sirius expects you to renew right away, so you pay top price for it. How many emails have you received about renewing to avoid service interruption?
They won’t send any offers until they realize that you haven’t renewed yet.
Got this info from many other members on here. It will happen eventually, but your subscription has to be fully expired before they send you any offers.

Reactions: DrM

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Offers will roll in once it expires. Mines expired in April, about two weeks later, it started at a 25% off discount. It is now June and am at 60% off.
Sirius expects you to renew right away, so you pay top price for it. How many emails have you received about renewing to avoid service interruption?
They won’t send any offers until they realize that you haven’t renewed yet.
Got this info from many other members on here. It will happen eventually, but your subscription has to be fully expired before they send you any offers.

I got a bunch of offers for SiriusXM Radio and I was able to get it for $6 per month. I would probably need 75% off to think about Guardian. 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online