5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did we ever solve the recirculating air noise

Smon

Reaction score
This has been driving me crazy. I have searched multiple times and haven't seen any solution.

Every 15 or 20 minutes, the air recirculater sounds like it gets stuck halfway or something. Temp of the air changes and its loud. I have to turn the recirc button off then back on to get it to stop.

Did anyone ever get a clear answer from a dealer? Or just a way to stop it themselves (tazer, etc.).

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This has been driving me crazy. I have searched multiple times and haven't seen any solution.

Every 15 or 20 minutes, the air recirculater sounds like it gets stuck halfway or something. Temp of the air changes and its loud. I have to turn the recirc button off then back on to get it to stop.

Did anyone ever get a clear answer from a dealer? Or just a way to stop it themselves (tazer, etc.).
Yep, mine cycles open every 15 minutes

If either of you ever address this any further with your dealer, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via PM for further support through that process.

Mark
RamCares

Smon

Reaction score
Mark,
Thanks for reaching out.

I will definitely ask my dealer about it, but given they have always been extremely difficult I don't plan on getting very far with them.

Plus, given the experiences from the other threads with multiple complaints about this - looks like Ram has just given the excuse that it is normal. You obviously realize that it isn't normal, so how can we move this up the chain to get something done? It should be a simple software programming that could be fixed OTA.

Thanks

Richard320

Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
No, we have not. But it seems to be designed that way. It's too consistent across too many trucks to be otherwise. In a previous thread I suggested that @RamCares put it to the engineering types who could say yes or no that's supposed to do that, but nothing came of it. I think it's to defrost the evaporator. Others suspect it's to flush out the stale air that might be too low on oxygen which could cause drowsiniess. But nobody has gotten a definite answer.

RamCares

Reaction score
Mark,
Thanks for reaching out.

I will definitely ask my dealer about it, but given they have always been extremely difficult I don't plan on getting very far with them.

Plus, given the experiences from the other threads with multiple complaints about this - looks like Ram has just given the excuse that it is normal. You obviously realize that it isn't normal, so how can we move this up the chain to get something done? It should be a simple software programming that could be fixed OTA.

Thanks

You're welcome, @Smon. If you are willing to work with your dealer, I am more than happy to escalate a case on your behalf to a Case Manager which will provide the dealership and yourself with an individual who will review your concern, then assist you and the dealership in exhausting all available resources to have the concern addressed and resolved. We are always a PM away to start this process.

Mark
RamCares

Mpickwith

Reaction score
Absolutely the most obnoxious thing in the world it’s a programming problem from what I understand according to the dealer. The problem is there isn’t a resolution according to them and I’ve been waiting over a week for further direction from them. From what I’ve read too it’s been a known ongoing issue with no resolve. Very discouraging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smon

Reaction score
Mine is a 2020 ecodiesel. Turn your recirc air on and in 15-20 it will go through a open/close process behind the glove box. Sometimes it closes back off completely.
At 75 mph it is pretty loud. You have to toggle the recirculating air button and it will seal back off.

Mpickwith

Reaction score
Mine did it within 10 minutes of leaving work with an ambient temp of 86 degrees. AC was on lowest speed too. It happens so often it’s impossible to miss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smon

Reaction score
Maybe your truck is malfunctioning...which in this case, is a good thing! Ha.

Users who are viewing this thread