5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did Ram solve the problem of warped Rambox lids on newly built vehicles?

Robo59

Reaction score
I have a 2020 3/4 ton powerwagon with Rambox lids that warp so bad they have detached from the plastic toolbox. the only thing holding them on is the key lock in the center of the lid. I pull a fifth wheel trailer and while driving down the road they flap so bad from turbulence that they appear as though they could break and fly off. Took it to the dealer to try and get them to fix it. Thats when i learned they are held on by a double sided tape no less. Well you can imagine how long that lasted in a 100 degree day. It had already came loose before I drove it off the lot. I went back in and asked if they really thought they fixed it and showed them the results. Their answer was we will order some new tape and try again. That lasted about a week before they got hot enough to pull loose again. So the last time I pulled my camper from Kansas to New Mexico they were flapping so bad that I had to stop and wrap tape all the way around the lid for fear it was going to break and flyoff and do damage to who knows what. My camper, another vehicle behind me, a tire or something. Called the dealer again and he said he would get with Ram and see what he could do. Never called me back. Its pretty embarrassing to be driving a 70k dollar truck that's held together with tape. So NO they never fixed this issue. I see some trucks that don't have this issue but mine sure does. Can't believe it's only held on by tape and the lock in the center. **** poor design. Wish I knew how to fix the issue because i love the Rambox.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2020 3/4 ton powerwagon with Rambox lids that warp so bad they have detached from the plastic toolbox. the only thing holding them on is the key lock in the center of the lid. I pull a fifth wheel trailer and while driving down the road they flap so bad from turbulence that they appear as though they could break and fly off. Took it to the dealer to try and get them to fix it. Thats when i learned they are held on by a double sided tape no less. Well you can imagine how long that lasted in a 100 degree day. It had already came loose before I drove it off the lot. I went back in and asked if they really thought they fixed it and showed them the results. Their answer was we will order some new tape and try again. That lasted about a week before they got hot enough to pull loose again. So the last time I pulled my camper from Kansas to New Mexico they were flapping so bad that I had to stop and wrap tape all the way around the lid for fear it was going to break and flyoff and do damage to who knows what. My camper, another vehicle behind me, a tire or something. Called the dealer again and he said he would get with Ram and see what he could do. Never called me back. Its pretty embarrassing to be driving a 70k dollar truck that's held together with tape. So NO they never fixed this issue. I see some trucks that don't have this issue but mine sure does. Can't believe it's only held on by tape and the lock in the center. **** poor design. Wish I knew how to fix the issue because i love the Rambox.
I’ve had ramboxs on two trucks.

VERY poor design.

Never again. Yep, taped on!

Users who are viewing this thread