5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did I buy the wrong truck?

BigAdge

Reaction score
2k over a 5-6 year loan is 30 bucks a month? Trade it get what you love and skip a splurge purchase once a year and you're even.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think it comes down to what bothers you more. Having the e-torque or paying the extra 30 a month assuming you are not paying the difference in cash. I am leasing my first Ram only mainly because I have always driven Chevy and was unsure what to expect. I am still in the honeymoon phase but I LOVE this truck! If it were me, I would say screw the difference and get something that you will love, not something you wake up every day wishing was materially different.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For $2,000 I’d bite the bullet. Peace of mind is worth it. The longer you wait, the higher the cost to get out of your present deal.

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
I can feel it in my truck, its normal braking until under 20mph then you can feel the extra braking force. Does it bother me? NOT ONE DAMN BIT, not even .000001%.

OP should have gone on a test drive or paid more attention on the test drive, anyway out of this is going to cost money now but if its enough of an issue to make a thread about it asking strangers for help, its only going to get worse.
Agreed. He worked for a long time on the deal only to regret how it drives. He’s owning up to it, just looking for some direction. I actually enjoy my eTorque feature. Can I say that here?

Last edited:

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you’re feeling this way about a brand new truck you haven’t owned for very long it’s only going to get worse. Get rid of it ASAP before you lose thousands on the deal.

rlc2020

Reaction score
Haha...I'm starting to wonder about your reading comprehension (JK). I posted the information about the warranty because of the last paragraph in his original post.
Wow, you're a super pleasant guy aren't you...

You can't argue with the simple logic of "he doesn't want e torque regardless" so stop quoting him warranty nonsense. That was an afterthought to his main issue of NOT LIKING HOW THE TRUCK DRIVES. So you just start insulting anyone that doesn't agree with you?

You would have to be an idiot to keep a $50k + vehicle that you don't even like to drive for no reason other than it has a slightly longer warranty on a particular component. Do you see how stupid that sounds when I spell it out?

Last edited:

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2k is nothing in the grand scheme of things here. These trucks are expensive and if you drive it everyday you need to like it. I know how the OP is feeling, it sucks to put that much thought into something and then feel like you made a mistake on the purchase. Just bite the bullet, get what you want and be done with it.

dalailama23

Reaction score
Maybe its just me but after the 48 volt battery is charged up i don't even feel the regenerative braking kicking in. It might save on brake wear too. But i think you lost money the minute the truck left the lot. Sleep on it maybe it a little bit of buyers remorse and you will get over it. Good luck.

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
I say make the move. But be SURE all the other options are right this time. You don't want to have this feeling again. Is your payload adequate? Do you have the right gear ratio? Did you choose the right radio options? Are you getting the right size fuel tank? Etc. Etc...

This is your chance for a do-over. Make sure you consider everything on the build sheet.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

You can't argue with the simple logic of "he doesn't want e torque regardless" so stop quoting him warranty nonsense. That was an afterthought to his main issue of NOT LIKING HOW THE TRUCK DRIVES. So you just start insulting anyone that doesn't agree with you?

You would have to be an idiot to keep a $50k + vehicle that you don't even like to drive for no reason other than it has a slightly longer warranty on a particular component. Do you see how stupid that sounds when I spell it out?

What were you to buy it?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

You don't know me and I don't know you (although I think I'm starting to). Did you not notice the "Haha" and the "(JK)"? In case you aren't aware, that meant I was joking. As in it wasn't a serious statement. You obviously didn't catch that it was meant to be a joke. I certainly didn't mean to insult you or anyone else.

You took what I said out of context, and said that I told him to keep it because of the (more than slightly longer) warranty. That's not what I was saying at all. That statement was specifically addressing the comment in his original post. And to eliminate that as a reason to get rid of it. Not as a reason to keep it. There is a difference there. I never told him what he should do. I told him what I'd so.

If he was that set against etorque he shouldn't have bought the truck. It's probable that he didn't notice it on the test drive. But that's where research comes in.

In the end it's easy for people to come here and give advice that has zero effect on them. It's obviously not quite as easy for the OP, otherwise he wouldn't have come and asked about it. My advice is still the same. He needs to make the decision about how much it's worth to him to get rid of the truck.

rlc2020

Reaction score
You don't know me and I don't know you (although I think I'm starting to).
You took what I said out of context... I never told him what he should do. I told him what I'd so.
In the end it's easy for people to come here and give advice that has zero effect on them.
I'll keep this one short and sweet to off set your 8 paragraphs of continued rambling.....(J/K).... ( see how adding "J/K" doesn't make it any less insulting?)

Why is my advice less valuable than your advice? your advice has "zero effect" on you as well, what does that have to do with anything?

My advise is to spend the money and get what he wants, you wrote pages on how the warranty is a good reason to do the opposite. My advice was rooted in empathy as I myself bought a car that I really regretting getting once and it would have been several more thousands than he is looking at to get out of it. I would have taken a 2k hit in an instant to get what I wanted and that was only a $28k car at the time.

What makes me really upset about this is that with your "deplorable" tag and Lagovulin (my favorite sipper) thumbnail I think in different circumstance we could be good friends. (this one was not sarcasm)

Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
What makes me really upset about this is that with your "deplorable" tag and Lagovulin (my favorite sipper) thumbnail I think in different circumstance we could be good friends. (this one was not sarcasm)
This goes back to what I said in my last post. You don't know me and I don't know you. All we know is what we interpret from what we read here. I honestly didn't meant to insult. And I apologize if you were insulted. And yes, I would take your first line as a joke because I do have a tendency to ramble on. Anyway, lets let stop the bickering and let this thread stay on topic. I'm willing to if you are. I'd be willing to pour you a wee dram and shake on it.

CPenn1086

Reaction score
Can't put a price on happiness. If you are not in LOVE with the truck right now, you never will be.

I bought a Jeep a few years back on a whim without getting exactly what I wanted and it was a loooooonnggg 3 years with that thing.

Just got my Ram last week, spec'd EXACTLY how I wanted it - and I can truthfully say I have never been this happy with a vehicle in my life. I don't see this honeymoon ending anytime soon. Good luck!

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe its just me but after the 48 volt battery is charged up i don't even feel the regenerative braking kicking in. It might save on brake wear too. But i think you lost money the minute the truck left the lot. Sleep on it maybe it a little bit of buyers remorse and you will get over it. Good luck.
That makes sense, I didn't think of that. I feel it sometimes but there are other times I don't. But if the battery is full there is no need for it to do the regenerative braking. I am still looking at options, including going used. I have several days yet with reasonable offers on the trade value locked in.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think it comes down to what bothers you more. Having the e-torque or paying the extra 30 a month assuming you are not paying the difference in cash. I am leasing my first Ram only mainly because I have always driven Chevy and was unsure what to expect. I am still in the honeymoon phase but I LOVE this truck! If it were me, I would say screw the difference and get something that you will love, not something you wake up every day wishing was materially different.
I am looking into a lease as well, in addition to purchase. One on my ideal truck (delmonico red, nav, 33 gal tank, 18" rims, limited slip, level 1 Laramie) one on one I like but it is black (not my ideal color, but would be OK with it for a lease) and bench seat. The black one is Level 1 with 33 gal tank. Both no etorque.

One thing I am wondering about is passenger foot room. It is only 15" width on console equipped trucks. Anyone know if that is larger with bench seat?

Users who are viewing this thread