5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did anyone else get an update?

spinxt

Reaction score
Hey RamCares, are you out there? Us 2019 owners could use some love.....
Agreed...problems with the 8.4NAV have been noted by 2019 owners on here for months. Calls to FCA /Uconnect are pointless and filled with false promises. Then to hear NEWER units are receiving updates just pours fuel on the fire.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Dude that really is pissing me off! I'm really starting to realize what Ram just did! smh

Tomcat68

Reaction score
2020 Laramie Sport
8.4 radio without NAV
My Radio info screen looks nothing like the above. Maybe this is only for NAV radios?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
2020 Laramie Sport
8.4 radio without NAV
My Radio info screen looks nothing like the above. Maybe this is only for NAV radios?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
You probably have the Default brushed steel theme... that's why

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Can anyone with the update confirm if the dash screen theme issue is resolved? If you change the theme of your radio and dash does it now stay on the dash after the update for a couple days or does it revert back to default like it always did where the theme does not stick on the dash?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone with the update confirm if the dash screen theme issue is resolved? If you change the theme of your radio and dash does it now stay on the dash after the update for a couple days or does it revert back to default like it always did where the theme does not stick on the dash?
Lol i bought a TazerDT a few days ago just for this problem

txsw1mmer

Reaction score
Just got my update after driving to work this morning. Will test to see if there are any problems.

Turin

Reaction score
kinda sad the newest owners get an update and those of us who have lived with issues the longest get nothing.......
Aside from the snub, I'm wondering why there's a distinction at all. The UConnect system doesn't appear to differ between the 2019 and 2020 models.

Zipper100

Reaction score
I'm surprised there hasn't been a class action lawsuit for these. These radios are an absolute POS. My 14 Ram went thru 3 radios in 4 years and my 19 has had nothing but issues since 12/13/18 when I picked it up. All kinds of promises for delivering an update, financial compensation for the countless issues, but all requiring an update that has never been delivered.

If I failed this miserably for this long at my job, I wouldn't be employed any longer.

Meanwhile, they announced development for the new versions of the entertainment system. Yet, so many of us have $40-70,000 trucks with malfunctioning devices and not one damn fix for them.

@RamCares... Do something. Now.

Houstontiger

Reaction score
I just received an update this morning too. Haven't driven enough to see any difference yet. Will post later.

doomtrader

Reaction score
Hope this might be a good thread.

I've got an export car (it has a sticker like that):
20200227_132645.jpg
(And no idea why the sticker is in Spanish as the distributor is from Sweden)

But I assume in general it should be the same as any other, but even if not it would be good to know what American standard is.

You guys are writing that you are getting updates on the flight. How does it happens? Is there some SIM card in the truck? I'm having 8.4 NAV.

Also another thing is that I'm unable to get the navigation running. It constantly shows Loading Navigation (for like 15 minutes and I gave up). My dealer is going to check it, but that is the first RAM sold by this dealership (they are selling FIATs as well), so they need to ask for most of my question. Can somenody point me to "where to start" ideas?

RueferChi

Reaction score
From what I am seeing in this thread, the 2020 trucks are getting the update.
Anybody with a 2019 get an update?

I just got it on my 2019 Limited. Haven't driven much, but not seeing anything new.

spinxt

Reaction score
I'm surprised there hasn't been a class action lawsuit for these. These radios are an absolute POS. My 14 Ram went thru 3 radios in 4 years and my 19 has had nothing but issues since 12/13/18 when I picked it up. All kinds of promises for delivering an update, financial compensation for the countless issues, but all requiring an update that has never been delivered.

If I failed this miserably for this long at my job, I wouldn't be employed any longer.

Meanwhile, they announced development for the new versions of the entertainment system. Yet, so many of us have $40-70,000 trucks with malfunctioning devices and not one damn fix for them.

@RamCares... Do something. Now.
I think that’s a little much to expect a class action lawsuit over a radio. And they aren’t crap...Uconnect is one of the better systems out there (trust me I’ve had many). And there were little problems in the Jeep versions (which are pretty close to identical). I have a 14’ Grand Cherokee with 215,000miles and the Uconnect system is flawless.

borden72

Reaction score
I just got an update this morning. 2019 Laramie with 12" Uconnect. Since the update the radio doesn't return to the favorite preset when you hit the preset number on the door. I only use one fob. Everything worked prior to the update. Spoke to Ram customer care this evening. Supposedly, after the truck has gone into sleep mode, it will be back to normal. They provided these steps if it doesn't go back to normal.

Here are the instructions for the soft reset and radio reset as per our conversation.

1. start the vehicle
2. hold down the voice recognition button and the phone button together for 30 seconds release and turn vehicle off
3. open drivers door for thirty seconds
4 close door and turn vehicle on

then hold and push both radio knobs in until the screen goes blank. once screen goes blank let go.

diamondmi

Reaction score
My 2020 Laramie Longhorn got an update tonight. From what I can see it was security features like lock, unlock, find my vehicle and SOS plus bug fixes. I did this before heading to bed. However when the update was complete it said to see what the improvements were to hit the assist button and care. But when I hit the assist button it asked if I wanted to activate the connect feature (not exactly what it said). It then asked for my email and name. After tapping activate and waiting it said server error. Then I called the assist operator and she was useless. I’ll check and see if I can get farther tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2020 Laramie Longhorn, Delmonico Red, chrome bumpers, 20” wheels, 5.7 V8 Hemi MDS VVT eTorque, 3.92 rear, all options except diesel, multifunction tailgate, protection group and trailer tow group. Interior Black/New Saddle.

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My '19 Limited got an update download this afternoon. Can't see any difference, so thats a good thing since mine was working flawlessly (crosses fingers/knocks on wood).

Users who are viewing this thread