5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did anyone else get an update?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, Seems like all 2020's are getting updates and 19's with 12" ucorrupt... oh well...

PMantle

Reaction score
Haven't gotten an update on my 2020, but can't say it's needed. Only update I want is for XM to show artist in list view.

Zipper100

Reaction score
I think that’s a little much to expect a class action lawsuit over a radio. And they aren’t crap...Uconnect is one of the better systems out there (trust me I’ve had many). And there were little problems in the Jeep versions (which are pretty close to identical). I have a 14’ Grand Cherokee with 215,000miles and the Uconnect system is flawless.
I do agree that the system is very good, when it works. It's one of the main reasons I prefer Ram over other brands. However, the constant issues I've had with these is beyond frustrating. When you are told there is an update coming and they are months behind on the stated release, that's terrible customer service.

Imagine if you are on say a 2 year lease (which I'm not) and the radio has had issues from day 1. You go the entire lease without an update to correct issues, pay full price every month for something that was never fully functional. It's wrong and they need to be held accountable.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
My '19 Limited got an update download this afternoon. Can't see any difference, so thats a good thing since mine was working flawlessly (crosses fingers/knocks on wood).
First 2019 I have seen on this thread to get the update. Gives us some hope.

gmab

Reaction score
My 2019 updated over the weekend. Biggest change I noticed is Navigation Online Search is now active.

drew7811

Reaction score
No update. 19 Laramie and i'm still showing 18.23.29. Does it matter if we have the 8.4" or the 12"?
20200303_130331.jpg

Rototerrier

Reaction score
Got my update and from what I can tell I'm one of the only people that has had any issue with it. Lost all my presets and my profile. I had to add a new profile and start over.

In the grand scheme of things, I guess I can't complain. Everything seems to still be working without any issues. But, I didn't really have any issues before hand....so for me, the fact it lost my presets and settings, actually made it a big fail. I would have been just fine without an update. That's my luck.

KJBertetto

Reaction score
Just got the latest update, it's a disaster for my truck. Climate control temp settings gone, only hi and lo available., satellite radio gone, only am fm and disc available. passenger settings gone, icon screens half gone. This is terrible. It's as if I got a half update. Screen said 45 minutes to update, it took about 20. Pretty disappointing.

Last edited:

doomtrader

Reaction score
So what is the latest version for 8.4?
Mine is showing 18.20.2e but the Uconnetc site says it is up to date when I enter my VIN.

Clyde

Reaction score
I have a 2019 and received an update at the dealer last week.

I took my truck in to have the speedo calibrated... I mentioned to them that my 8.4 had a slight hiccup - when I turned on my truck the display showed the ram insignia then went black, hit the power button - same thing. Only after turning the truck off and back on, it started working again. It had/has only done that once.

Dealership said no codes/could not duplicate, but that there was an update available so they installed it.

When I got my truck back I had to pair my phone to it again, other than that I have noticed no difference.

This is the first time I’ve looked at a thread on the uconnect, so I’m not really sure what issues you guys are having, guess I’ll have to read up on that and cross my fingers I got a good one, also wishing the best of luck to those who are experiencing issues.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I see. But what I meant I guess was, do the non-NAV radios get OTA updates? Or are OTA updates only something that happens on the NAV units?
I think everyone should get them, Navigation has nothing to do with it.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
My 8.4 won't get OTA updates because I don't have NAV, is that correct?
It is my understanding that the non-NAV units will not receive updates. This is one of the main reasons I opted for the NAV unit although I have not seen any updates to mine!

Clyde

Reaction score
So this is frustrating... had only one issue with my 8.4 not turning on, had to turn the truck off - then back on to get it to work... only once (3 months, 2000 miles since new).

Mentioned the above complaint/concern to the dealer, they said no codes - but there’s an update we’ll install...

Now that they have updated it I’ve had nothing but problems, called the dealer today, they said they are seeing it a lot, and that I probably need a new unit, waiting to hear back from them.

Mind you, I had next to no issues before the update- some food for thought. I’ll keep you guys posted.

Users who are viewing this thread