5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deposit on Special Order?

Cluck

Reaction score
Do the dealers make you put down a deposit for special orders?

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think it sort of depends on your relationship. I didn't have to on mine, but I had bought my last two jeeps from him.

FLG8R

Reaction score
I'm on my 5th build and have put down $500 on each. Not because I had to but because I wanted to. I like to lock in my deal and get a copy of the Buyers Order with my OTD price.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welp....im the odd one out. Kind of sounds like my sales guy was a chump.

RAM 4times

Reaction score
yes i always put 500.00 down. when i got my wife her 2017 summit the sales guy wanted a thousand bucks. i said i always do 500. he said ok. hell it was only a located one from another dealer and i got it the next day. this wasn't my normal dealer by the way. when i ordered the 19 ram my normal dealer didn't even ask but i put down the 500 anyway.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I gave my dealer a $1,000 check, but they just pinned it in my folder. I'll get it back at delivery if I want it...it's just a token of "good faith".

sgk

Reaction score
2k CAD. so ya essentially $500 USD.:) on the other hand, my trade is had a lot of negative equity so Ill be putting a few more k down.

alow

Reaction score
1000 here. 1st build and new to the dealership so not out of line in my opinion.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
500 here as well. I’m new to this dealership but they are larger volume. Even ordered second truck. (long story for those who don’t know) with no additional money down and I can choose either truck ‘when’ they arrive.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wish I could put $500 down but they can't build my Rebel the way I wanted equipped here in Canada.:(

Last edited:

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
1000 here. 1st build and new to the dealership so not out of line in my opinion.
Same here, didn’t mind at all.
Ex Chevy guy is happy with his price to.

D

Deleted member 85

There is nothing from FCA that dictates we must ask for a deposit. As a dealer, the deposit is a gesture of understanding that, should you back out of this order, the truck is still coming.

If a client's order is something I can easily sell on my lot, a refundable deposit is not an issue.

If a client's order is a hermaphrodite that will never sell (IE - a purple Wrangler a manual transmission), we prefer a non-refundable deposit.

It's case by case.

warvet

Reaction score
$1K ......which I'm OK with. I'll apply it as a down payment since I'm putting a few dollars down.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I asked and they said "no need…we trust you". The order to FCA has my name on it. If they back away from the deal we agreed on, I walk. I have the deal in writing.

Users who are viewing this thread