5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deposit on Special Order?

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered mine over the phone. No deposit needed but when I got in town, I stopped and gave him $500. No big deal, I'll need to give him the difference between my trade and delivered price anyway.

Phiefer

Reaction score
I've order many cars. A new dealer who does not know me may ask for $500 or $1000. The ones who I have bought from before never ask.

They may ask for down payment if you try to order something odd that they feel would be hard to sell however. Back in 1980, I ordered a fully loaded Silverado with a 3-on the tree. That was a $500 down, first time dealer. I can understand.

My current dealer has let me order my second 2019 Limited (black and silver). Both loaded, neither shipped yet, allowing me to accept the black or wait for the silver. Neither required anything down. I think sales to a customer takes priority over one speculated for the lot. Both my orders were eTorque & ramboxes, making dealer happy to get one for selling to someone else.

ponypride

Reaction score
My dealer required a $2,500 deposit. Put it on a CC for protection.

Ram19Va

Reaction score
500 here as well. Mainly because to hold the truck for me, so it wont be sold to another customer.

Davidmurphy02

Reaction score
My dealer asked for a $500 check but never cashed it, gave it back to me when we did the final paperwork.

Phiefer

Reaction score
500 here as well. Mainly because to hold the truck for me, so it wont be sold to another customer.
I assume yours was a new order. I don't know why he would worry about holding it for you. Most of us are ready to run down and get our truck as soon it gets prep'd.

If asked, I would have gladly put 500, 1000 or the 2500 down, but i would assume standard delivery time of less than 10 weeks. I can understand many people's frustration with FCA as the lead time increases and you've made a down payment.

Users who are viewing this thread