5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deployable bed step

alangsam

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the usefulness of this feature? Seems like a no brainer at $195??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wwalljr

Reaction score
A quick search, looks like a lot of guys like it. I plan to purchase at some point.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the usefulness of this feature? Seems like a no brainer at $195??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highly recommend. Out of the way when not needed but easy to use when you do. I think it's the best way to get into the bed from any manufacturer.

Chris

Reaction score
Worth every penny; many people are paying around $250 for the parts alone, then either installing themselves or paying more to have it installed, and not a single complaint on the device with the exception of some aftermarket exhausts needing tweaking to prevent interference.

In addition, the part is currently on engineering hold, so sometimes it takes a long time to receive. If you can have it built with the truck, not only is it part of the warranty but you may avoid the potential wait others may face when current dealership/online vendor parts run out.

PS: Most of the complaints in this forum are regarding the shipping method of the online purchase, not the part itself, so don't let that scare you.

Last edited:

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
MoparAmerica, ordered and received within 2 days, 2 weeks ago. I do not believe there is a hold on the steps any longer. VERY WELL WORTH THE MONEY.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Drove three friends to see a band last night. Upon getting in, heard one say “look, this step has come out to help us get in.”

Last edited:

Gtbrown

Reaction score
I have it on mine, an excellent touch to a great truck. Get it.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Add me to the list of those who have it and love it....

Laramie81

Reaction score
I used mine for the first time yesterday. Really worked well. I like it better than the steps in the ford tailgates. Just don’t trip on the tailgate support on the way back down.

Trfnj74

Reaction score
I purchased my truck with it installed from the factory. It definitely worth the price and the convenience of haven't it.

smiles5619

Reaction score
Mine came with one and have used it a lot so far. I. Wondering for folks who have one, do you find it hard to deploy and retract? It seems a bit easier to deploy now but retracting is difficult, almost am kicking it to get it to retract. When I do, it retracts a bit violently. Comments?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine came with one and have used it a lot so far. I. Wondering for folks who have one, do you find it hard to deploy and retract? It seems a bit easier to deploy now but retracting is difficult, almost am kicking it to get it to retract. When I do, it retracts a bit violently. Comments?
I can make mine retract with my hand.

Gtbrown

Reaction score
Definitely a good option, mine is factory installed. I struggled to get it to close, I remember the salesman watching me trying to close it and simply pushing it closed with his hand.

I now put my foot squarely on it and push it under the truck. Works great......

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Put your foot on the tab and press mostly forward (toward front of truck) rather than downward. It will release and your foot can keep it from slamming.

RamfanTenn

Reaction score
Ordered mine from Mopar America on 3-29 & received it this morning. Will install tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread