5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deployable bed step

Longhorn

Reaction score
The deployable bed step is now on the ram trucks configurator page. What I don't get is why it is only available with certain exterior colors............

geotex1

Reaction score
Fortunately, it can be purchased separately and a simple bolt-on. Just need to adjust one wiring harness by freeing it from its retainer and either use a ziptie to secure it to the harness above or use a new loom retainer with a smaller tree post to fit the hole in the step.

20181226_160831.jpg 20181226_160709.jpg

Last edited:

trixdesigns

Reaction score
There’s another thread on this, MoparAmerica is one of the only ones with it even in stock, much less at a deal.

Use the coupon: dodgeforum5% to save a couple bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks...looks like it should cost no more than $100 so a huge rip-off but serves a purpose and gives us all no other choice.

1200GS

Reaction score
MOPAR online still shows it on backorder - does anyone have different information?

DM-SC

Reaction score
Bit the bullet and ordered one.

No idea why they cost so much.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jimk hunt

Reaction score
$195 when spec'd with the truck. So the rest would be shipping and dealer profit. Until a 3rd party makes one, expect the prices to remain high.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday...super-fast shipping...I just hope all the pieces are in the box so I can install it that afternoon ;)

DM-SC

Reaction score
Mine is supposed to be here tomorrow. But I'm only 160 miles away from Mopar America.

DM-SC

Reaction score
I'll know this afternoon. Mine was delivered this morning.

hemihead

Reaction score
The only thing that pisses me off about the step is that we gotta buy one and install it in the first place.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The only thing that pisses me off about the step is that we gotta buy one and install it in the first place.
That dead horse, my good sir, has been beaten, kicked, burned, and beaten some more. When many of us placed our orders last spring/summer, the bed step was advertised as included in the BUG (with the caveat of being listed as a "late availability" item...boy, they weren't kidding there). The bed extender pegs were also advertised in five separate places as a part of the package for those of us with RamBoxes and the BUG (which many of us requested and received at no charge). With what we know now, I'm glad I didn't wait around for Ram to supply the step.

Saints

Reaction score
Mine came in today and was double boxed and the nuts and bolts were in a ziplock with cardboard wrapped around it and taped. I know some guys were concerned with beat up boxes in shipping so it looks like MoparAmerica has heard what you guys have said and are taking steps to correct it.

Chris

Reaction score
Mine came in today and was double boxed and the nuts and bolts were in a ziplock with cardboard wrapped around it and taped. I know some guys were concerned with beat up boxes in shipping so it looks like MoparAmerica has heard what you guys have said and are taking steps to correct it.
Holy moly, that doesn’t even sound like the same part any more. Kudos to MoparAmerica for really stepping up, even if it is a little late for some of their customers with missing parts.

Users who are viewing this thread