5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deflector Pros and Cons

rrbhokies

Reaction score

Cptcoolie

Reaction score
Yes, you can buy it and all other WT products and get it shipped free from www.tonneaucovered.com. You will need to call the number and do it over the phone:)

Well, times have changed...these guys quoted me $89.95 which is $10 more than everyone else who sells it. Maybe I need to know the secret handshake or something, but I'll look elsewhere for my truck parts. I am happy for those who have gotten deals from these guys though.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well, times have changed...these guys quoted me $89.95 which is $10 more than everyone else who sells it. Maybe I need to know the secret handshake or something, but I'll look elsewhere for my truck parts. I am happy for those who have gotten deals from these guys though.
Surprising as I bought everything at a slight discount off WT website with free shipping. Maybe their relationship with WT changed??? I need a set of mats for my wife’s car so I’m going to call them for giggles to see what they tell me.

ppowell1983

Reaction score
I installed the Weather Tech stone and bug deflector (Part Number: 50272) tonight as @securityguy rec'd (he has pictures attached in this thread). It looks awesome on my black truck. About $80 total shipped from WT.

After only 100 miles into the truck I had a small chunk taken out of my driver side corner of the hood and had it filled and painted in by the dealer. Talk about bad luck, lol!

The deflector is definitely of sturdy quality where I am sure if I had it on day 1 the hood would not have received that gash. Install took about 30 minutes. Only words of advice is to make sure to use a standard plastic vehicle fastener removal tool to get the OEM plastic fasteners out under the hood. Those are critical so you don't rip into with the rubber seal. Those fasteners will not just pull out clean, they will break and come apart, so don't freak out. Just replace them with the WT fasteners that came with the kit when you install the shield.

Does it increase wind noise? My dad had one on his 2013 Chevy that sounded like the windshield was making popcorn when you hit 80.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cptcoolie

Reaction score
Received my AVS Bugflector II yesterday. Installed it and the hood would not close. Bought it off of Amazon, so it goes back today. That was disappointing. I don't know if the part was from a defective batch or just doesn't fit as advertised. Guess I'll be looking for another brand.

phild

Reaction score
I had the MOPAR on my truck and took it off and replaced it with the WeatherTech. I like the OEM color but the plastic is thin and I do not like having the brackets attached to the hood and seeing the exposed screws. The WT attaches under the hood using plastic clips similar to the OEM clips. No drilling...no 3M tape. I am extremely happy with my WT and anyone that wants my OEM can have it for $20 plus shipping. All hardware comes with it and unit is in mint condition.
Do you still have the bugshield if so is it black

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Like 2019Rebel I hated that use could not clean behind it so the film is the way to go for me
But your can easily clean behind it so not sure what you're talking about. It sits OFF the hood and does lie down directly on top of it. As an aside, I have PPF too on my hood. Great stuff but solves a different purpose than they deflector. You should do both!

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes...but the picture on their website is clearly the old RAM style. This is what it looks like installed.

View attachment 59797
Does the weather tech protect the fronts of the side fenders too? Tough to explain, but basically is the deflector longer than the hood to protect the whole front of the truck, or just the hood portion? Not many pics of the WT on 5th gens

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online