5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Decided To Not Lift My Truck

Chuck19

Reaction score
I was in the same situation as you were a couple of years ago. Every truck or jeep I have had I lifted with ride quality being sacrificed. Even when I went Carli and Kings on an F250 the ride just isn't as good no matter what anyone says to justify the money they spent.

I went the lowered route with my current 2019 Ram Quad cab. I will say that the ride is unchanged from stock and bringing the rear end down a couple of inches gets rid of the terrible rake these things come with. That being said I have a 2021 Crewcab with the 6'4" bed on order and will be lifting it when she is delivered. I think lowering the rear end looks better than stock for sure but for the past couple of years when I drive by or park by a lifted Ram I think just how good it looks and I should have lifted mine.

Not sure what lift I am going with but I have done just about every lift out there with just about the same results in term of ride quality. I am leaning towards the one Brand I haven't tried yet which is Rough Country. I think I am going to go with the 3.5" lift and see how that rides. I don't think it will be great but I also don't think it will be any worse than BDS, Icon, Carli etc.

Here is a pic for your reference on my current setup. Same color and is a quadcab like yours so it will give you a good idea how yours will look with the rear-end lowered.

Attachments

• 91B03877-5AF5-43C5-8A90-096B9B5A0571.jpeg
    91B03877-5AF5-43C5-8A90-096B9B5A0571.jpeg
    286.1 KB · Views: 135
U

User_63152

I was in the same situation as you were a couple of years ago. Every truck or jeep I have had I lifted with ride quality being sacrificed. Even when I went Carli and Kings on an F250 the ride just isn't as good no matter what anyone says to justify the money they spent.

I went the lowered route with my current 2019 Ram Quad cab. I will say that the ride is unchanged from stock and bringing the rear end down a couple of inches gets rid of the terrible rake these things come with. That being said I have a 2021 Crewcab with the 6'4" bed on order and will be lifting it when she is delivered. I think lowering the rear end looks better than stock for sure but for the past couple of years when I drive by or park by a lifted Ram I think just how good it looks and I should have lifted mine.

Not sure what lift I am going with but I have done just about every lift out there with just about the same results in term of ride quality. I am leaning towards the one Brand I haven't tried yet which is Rough Country. I think I am going to go with the 3.5" lift and see how that rides. I don't think it will be great but I also don't think it will be any worse than BDS, Icon, Carli etc.

Here is a pic for your reference on my current setup. Same color and is a quadcab like yours so it will give you a good idea how yours will look with the rear-end lowered.
Quad Cabs unite!!! (y)

Dammit. Now, seeing that, I almost want to lower the rear. LOL

What size tires are you running?

Chuck19

Reaction score
Quad Cabs unite!!! (y)

Dammit. Now, seeing that, I almost want to lower the rear. LOL

What size tires are you running?
275/60/20, right at a 33.
I normally go 35 or 37 on my lifted rigs but i think i will see what these 33's look like with the 3.5" lift. I will upgrade if they dont look right.

Ex_dutch

Reaction score
I (2” Mopar) lifted my ‘19 Laramie about 6 months ago and put 295/60r20 Falkens on the factory rims. Maybe I don’t remember the before ride quality, but I don’t think comfort is suffering at all. It’s less boaty and my wife no longer gets seasick in the truck. I don‘t think the tires are noisier than the factory Bridgestones.
Barely clears the garage door and some downtown parking ramps are scary. Being tall I used to slide in and out of my seat with ease, now I need to step up using the running board. I help my wife climbing in and out. As for looks, it’s almost a covert operation, looks like a normal Laramie, but when parked next to other trucks, it shows. The other day parked next to a flashy Silverado Trail Boss. If size would matter, the RAM clearly outsized the Chevy.
At this point I would actually go all-in and add a hate-thy-neighbor exhaust but she says no.

Ram Dude

Reaction score
😂...”hate-thy-neighbor exhaust”...Go for it!

Ram Dude

Reaction score
Chuck, I did same - had 33”ers with 2” level, then with 3.5” lift had to go 35’s. Shoes just looked to small on 3.5” lift.

U

User_63152

Well, after careful consideration, I have decided to go with 2'' lowering springs in the rear. I ordered them today. I am also going to get some sweet aftermarket wheels, possibly KMC Dirty Harry 20x9 +0mm offset, or, maybe the Fuel Heater 20x9 +1mm offset.

I think it all came down to I really don't want to mess with the front geometry and all that. Possibly sacrificing ride quality with a spacer, getting an alignment, etc.

And, I am pretty lazy, too. 🤣

We'll see how it works out. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
U

User_63152

OK, well, I got the lowing springs the other day. But, I was hesitant to install them. I think it would look weird, lowered, with AT tires and my beefy side steps. So, I have decided to use the leveling kit I bought 2 months ago (I never returned it). I have a friend who is going to help me, on Thursday, since he has a lot more tools than me. LOL. We'll see how it goes.

The upsetting part to this saga is that Accessory Partners wants me to pay for return shipping (over $50) and a 20% restocking fee (even though I did not open the package). NO WAY! I wouldn't even get 1/2 my money back!

I will try to sell them I guess. They are the 272920 MaxTrac springs.

See? I mentioned that I am indecisive. :ROFLMAO:

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
OK, well, I got the lowing springs the other day. But, I was hesitant to install them. I think it would look weird, lowered, with AT tires and my beefy side steps. So, I have decided to use the leveling kit I bought 2 months ago (I never returned it). I have a friend who is going to help me, on Thursday, since he has a lot more tools than me. LOL. We'll see how it goes.

The upsetting part to this saga is that Accessory Partners wants me to pay for return shipping (over $50) and a 20% restocking fee (even though I did not open the package). NO WAY! I wouldn't even get 1/2 my money back!

Man, anytime i think I dont know what I want I'm going to go read your post. Dude, decide what you want, what reasons you want it for, and stick with it. It may not happen all at once and thats okay.

If what you REALLY wanted to lower it on street tires from the jump, the you would have bought street tires.

You don't have to explain to us either. You do you.

aimlowrobin

Reaction score
Idk, I'm 51 and just bought RAM #7. I just don't like how they look stock and most won't be ok for all situations I end up in. I think the only one I left alone was my first, 2006 and it came stock with 33s so not hard to put some decent tread on. Once I quit messing with cheap leveling kits and could afford better suspension lifts, I just don't feel that quality of ride is much of a sacrifice. MPG really doesn't cost much money of you calculate it out (and I drive way more than most). So, for me it is luxury on the inside and redneck on the out.

Chuck19

Reaction score
Idk, I'm 51 and just bought RAM #7. I just don't like how they look stock and most won't be ok for all situations I end up in. I think the only one I left alone was my first, 2006 and it came stock with 33s so not hard to put some decent tread on. Once I quit messing with cheap leveling kits and could afford better suspension lifts, I just don't feel that quality of ride is much of a sacrifice. MPG really doesn't cost much money of you calculate it out (and I drive way more than most). So, for me it is luxury on the inside and redneck on the out.
What lift do you have on Ram #7?

U

User_63152

With the new leveling kit. It rides just as good as stock, honestly. Looks much better, too. :cool:

Special thanks to JerryBsizzle. :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• WLK a.jpg
    WLK a.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 108
  • WLK b.jpg
    WLK b.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 110

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score

You still have those lowering springs to sell? I’d take them off your hands. Mines a Crew cab 6’ 4 bed which makes the stock rake more tolerable but still noticeable enough to annoy me, truck stays on the street with no trailer 99% of the time.

U

User_63152

You still have those lowering springs to sell? I’d take them off your hands. Mines a Crew cab 6’ 4 bed which makes the stock rake more tolerable but still noticeable enough to annoy me, truck stays on the street with no trailer 99% of the time.
Yes, I do

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
I’m 58 every truck I’ve owned about 12 of them have been lifted. I lifted my current 2020 with only 4K miles on it and do not regret it one bit. I have a 6” lift with 35’s and the ride is as smooth as it can be. This is the best riding lifted truck I’ve owned and looks awesome, just my 2 cents for what it’s worth. 8CBB3301-6081-41BA-9378-1A5266BE9AE6.jpeg

Vol4Life

Reaction score
With the new leveling kit. It rides just as good as stock, honestly. Looks much better, too. :cool:

Special thanks to JerryBsizzle. :ROFLMAO:

What leveling kit did you go with? I've got the same exact truck color and year wise but mine is a crew cab. Wanting to run bigger tires but don't want to lose ride quality since it rides like a dream right now instead of a truck. Wondering what size tire I could get if just leveled and maintain that awesome ride quality.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Lol reading this thread is funny. I’m 25 and this is my first truck so I keep wanting to go bigger and bigger (now I’m at 6” of lift and 37s) because it just looks SO good! But I will say that I’ve had plenty of thoughts about next time maybe getting an ecodiesel, lowering the rear 2” and raising the front 1” and putting a light weight 33 inch tire on stock 22s. I still think that looks good and it sure would be nice to get some better mpg and ride quality. Seeing over all the traffic is sooo nice though since my truck is 9” taller than stock up front!

U

User_63152

What leveling kit did you go with? I've got the same exact truck color and year wise but mine is a crew cab. Wanting to run bigger tires but don't want to lose ride quality since it rides like a dream right now instead of a truck. Wondering what size tire I could get if just leveled and maintain that awesome ride quality.
I went with the Wulf Suspension 1.5'' Front Strut Spacer Leveling Kit. Even though it was for 2013-2018 Ram, it still fit my 2021. Rides just as good as stock, in my opinion.

I like the ever so slight rake that it leaves in the front. I have 33'' tires, but, I think you could run 34'' without a problem. Depends on the wheel offset, I guess.

Attachments

• WLK H b.jpg
    WLK H b.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 44

Users who are viewing this thread