5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Decided To Not Lift My Truck

nought

Reaction score
I really want to get a carli 2.5" lift for mine but 4500 for the lift and 1200 for tires and 1500 for wheels thats some real money for something that lowers your epa and speed.

MrSixStrings12

Reaction score
Most people reach a point in their lives when they finally realize that comfort is more important than appearance.
This goes with more than just automobiles.
Looks like you reaching that point at 50.
I reached that point when I bought my wrangler 2 years ago... at the age of 25. lol! Before that, I had a lowered Infiniti and my bestfriend had a big lifted Cummins. Both rode like crap and, as a non-truck driver at that point, always feared we were gonna tip over on turns hahaha The Wrangler was awful, especially after driving a luxury car for years. I ended up ordering so I got all the creature comforts I missed.

If anything, I almost prefer the look of the lowered Rams on here than the lifted ones. But then your messing with payload and towing capacity and warranty

lkjk

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat - haven't gotten the truck yet but keep going back and forth between lifting it (icon CO/s, replacing the rear coils/shocks, not a crappy leveling kit) or keeping it stock. Love the look of lifted trucks, but even if you pay up for good parts it will literally never drive as good as stock because of geometry, despite what people post.

My toy is a wrangler on 38s, which again despite people posting nonsense on the internet, drives like a boat, even though it has extremely good parts and upgraded everything/steering.

Mirowpl

Reaction score
58 yrs old here. I am on my 3rd ram, starting with a 2003 1500. Never have lifted or lowered. Never changes from stock size tires. No need as I do not go mudding or anything like true off-roading. i just love the ride quality and handling of stock and for what this truck is the mpg is really not bad for the old hemi. Living in the rural part of NC, there are lots of lifted trucks and such, but they are used in fields and hunting so it makes sense for the . so as it have been stated already, to each his own.

garyafa94

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with these? My mind is changing again. 😇

I keep hearing this voice saying, "Just a little lift won't hurt anything".

I'm struggling with this decision too - I have the ORG and want to put on the EIbachs set at 1.8", new Zone UCA's and go up to 285/65/20 on stock wheels (2021 Built to Serve). Just don't want to mess up a truck I am really happy with now other than the stance.

Last edited:

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
I'm struggling with this decision too - I have the ORG and want to put on the EIbachs set at 1.8", new Zone UCA's and go up to 285/65/20 on stock wheels (2021 Built to Serve). Just don't want to mess up a truck I am really happy with now other than the stance.

eibachs set at 1.8 with RC uca and 285/65/20 BTS in black

Attachments

• 8F7AFA3A-9177-4BC3-A034-5BCB3B745EAE.jpeg
    8F7AFA3A-9177-4BC3-A034-5BCB3B745EAE.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 125

PeteyK49

Reaction score
I’m 37 and am in the same boat. All my trucks over the years went thru transformations. I use my trucks to haul stuff/ tow and for hunting/fishing. I don’t miss the struggle of climbing in the bed with my beer belly and bad back haha... I have the OFG and plan on putting bigger tires on it and stopping there. I have 3 kids (12,10,7months) and the stock height makes the car seat easier to manage. Plus my short wife can get in effortlessly and not complain that her boobs hitting her in the face on every pothole haha...

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I didn’t leave mine yet. Some folks says leveling the front will kill mpg. Did ya’ll mileage change since leveling?

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
48 and I run the Mopar 2" lift, and I'm looking into options for another inch on the front. First reason I still do is because it's seems like factory trucks keep getting lower, so I just like to get them back up where I feel they should be. With my 2" lift I was parked next to an all stock 2008 the other day, and I sat just very marginally higher. Second reason is I do a lot of hunting, so my truck is no pavement princess. It's not crazy offroad, but is offroad, and the better clearance is always helpful.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

PeteyK49

Reaction score
48 and I run the Mopar 2" lift, and I'm looking into options for another inch on the front. First reason I still do is because it's seems like factory trucks keep getting lower, so I just like to get them back up where I feel they should be. With my 2" lift I was parked next to an all stock 2008 the other day, and I sat just very marginally higher. Second reason is I do a lot of hunting, so my truck is no pavement princess. It's not crazy offroad, but is offroad, and the better clearance is always helpful.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
I’m in the same boat... gotta haul my decoy trailer thru corn fields and mud. My ole truck with a 2” level sits at least 6” higher. I have the orp on my ram. Im
Hoping 33”
Tires will do the trick for me

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You are a liftedtruckoholic.
Yes, I guess I was just in denial by saying it is only a big tire problem. After all, I would only buy 4. You are right though, it is more serious. Rims, sway bars, shocks, springs..... I have a lifted truck addiction.....

Users who are viewing this thread