5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Debadging

Tyler5370

Reaction score
Hey, my limited is going into the shop tomorrow morning to debadge my truck.. I'm on the fence about taking off that chrome strip that runs down the lower part of the doors.. She wants me to keep it, but I think it'd look cleaner without it..
Looking for opinions (and maybe pictures to those that have done it) on what I should do.. THANK YOU!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
What is your primary reason for the de-badge? If it's to de-chrome your truck then lose the chrome strip. On a personal note, I never understood de-badging. I'm on board with swapping out chrome badges with black, or another color. But why remove them? I'm not judging anyone for this, just trying to understand the reasoning behind it.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It just looks cleaner, especially in sport trim. In contrast, some people add all kinds of stipes and decals or the like, and to me, that looks like garbage and too busy. OP, post a pic of your truck, would give people a better idea of what it will look like with and without.

Tyler5370

Reaction score
What is your primary reason for the de-badge? If it's to de-chrome your truck then lose the chrome strip. On a personal note, I never understood de-badging. I'm on board with swapping out chrome badges with black, or another color. But why remove them? I'm not judging anyone for this, just trying to understand the reasoning behind it.
I can't stand how the dealerships put their badges on there for 1. 2 I honestly think it looks really clean without. And 3, there are like a million spots that have the word Ram on the truck, I don't need it on the side too lol.

I decided to take off the chrome strip on the side. Idk if I will do anything else to it to "de-chrome", a little chrome imo is nice. The wheels look great and there r chrome on them so I need a little on the truck or it'll look weird

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I pulled off the Bighorn badge from my tailgate as it just didn't look right to me, but left the chrome 4x4. Still thinking about pulling RAM off the doors. The most repugnant thing on my truck though was the Sport decal sticker on both sides of the bed, I peeled those off the 2nd day of ownership

Tyler5370

Reaction score
So your wife wanted it on and you’re taking it off, you just moved up as being my hero ha ha ha..
Lol! She wouldn't let me do the same to her Jeep tho, so fair trade imo.. guess we'll see if I'm still alive after this evening haha

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you aren’t we then know it’s not safe for the rest of us to go against the wife’s wishes ha ha ha.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I can't stand how the dealerships put their badges on there for 1. 2 I honestly think it looks really clean without. And 3, there are like a million spots that have the word Ram on the truck, I don't need it on the side too lol.

I decided to take off the chrome strip on the side. Idk if I will do anything else to it to "de-chrome", a little chrome imo is nice. The wheels look great and there r chrome on them so I need a little on the truck or it'll look weird

Fair enough. I agree about dealership badges. I've always removed those if a vehicle I bought has one. Thankfully my CDJR dealership doesn't add them to painted surfaces. They add mud flaps with riveted on badges on the trucks they sell. that was the first thing I removed when I bought my last three trucks from them.

I don't blame you for removing the chrome strip. Our Limited has the blackout package and didn't come with that (or any chrome for that matter).

Tyler5370

Reaction score
Fair enough. I agree about dealership badges. I've always removed those if a vehicle I bought has one. Thankfully my CDJR dealership doesn't add them to painted surfaces. They add mud flaps with riveted on badges on the trucks they sell. that was the first thing I removed when I bought my last three trucks from them.

I don't blame you for removing the chrome strip. Our Limited has the blackout package and didn't come with that (or any chrome for that matter).
WhAt?! I'm jealous! Is ur truck black then? I was under the impression they only did the black out editions on black trucks (which I think is dumb, a white limited with black out everything would look amazing)

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That would make more sense. Hell...I have so much chrome happening on my truck, I would love to swap it out for the body color....smh.

Tyler5370

Reaction score
Had to put the American flag sticker on the window as well..

I LOVE it!
bbec71c96240d8383fafc55a4bd0f3b3.jpg
00c9377c03a53a5117530b0152decda1.jpg

WisconsinRam

Reaction score
I like the clean look with the emblems. It also makes it easier to run my polisher across the surface. It's one less thing to avoid. 20200722_150945_10.jpg

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
WhAt?! I'm jealous! Is ur truck black then? I was under the impression they only did the black out editions on black trucks (which I think is dumb, a white limited with black out everything would look amazing)

Yes, our Limited is black. You're right that you can only get the blackout package in black. But they are going to make the Night Edition available on the Limited in other colors for 2021, which gives you all the other black goodies. Our (my) Laramie is Patriot Blue Pearl. Guess who primarily drives the Limited. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I guess I use the term "ours" loosely since they are both parked in the same garage at night. But who am I trying to kid...the Limited is hers LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread