5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealership employees use my personal vehicle for business/joy ride

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You have chosen a very narrow definition of the word harm. You left out a lot that applies:

-actual or potential ill effect or danger.
Possible exposure to covid is definitely potential danger. Possible damage to the vehicle is harm.

-have an adverse effect on.
They wasted his time and insulted him. Those are adverse effects. I don't know how much your time is worth, but mine isn't cheap.

Then there is the legal version of harm:
-any injury, loss or damage. It can also be any material or tangible detriment.
As discussed above, he lost time. In addition, he lost use of his vehicle. If someone wants to use a vehicle that belongs to someone else, they generally have to pay for that privilege, so that is money and wear that was lost.

So, sure, by your definition, there was no harm. But by generally accepted definitions, the OP has obviously suffered harm.
Mia culpa,,,,

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You have chosen a very narrow definition of the word harm. You left out a lot that applies:

-actual or potential ill effect or danger.
Possible exposure to covid is definitely potential danger. Possible damage to the vehicle is harm.

-have an adverse effect on.
They wasted his time and insulted him. Those are adverse effects. I don't know how much your time is worth, but mine isn't cheap.

Then there is the legal version of harm:
-any injury, loss or damage. It can also be any material or tangible detriment.
As discussed above, he lost time. In addition, he lost use of his vehicle. If someone wants to use a vehicle that belongs to someone else, they generally have to pay for that privilege, so that is money and wear that was lost.

So, sure, by your definition, there was no harm. But by generally accepted definitions, the OP has obviously suffered harm.

That's a bit of a stretch. This whole thing is overblown in my opinion. Just ask the GM for the cash value of 1 or 2 free oilchanges, tell him why, then take your business somewhere else. Done. OP is going to "harm" himself more by dragging this out and getting himself all worked up.

It's a sunny day outside over here, birds are chirping, the promise of spring. Go for a walk and forget about all this.

Pe2n3d1

Reaction score
That's a bit of a stretch. This whole thing is overblown in my opinion. Just ask the GM for the cash value of 1 or 2 free oilchanges, tell him why, then take your business somewhere else. Done. OP is going to "harm" himself more by dragging this out and getting himself all worked up.

It's a sunny day outside over here, birds are chirping, the promise of spring. Go for a walk and forget about all this.
I’m not getting all worked up about this anymore.

Pe2n3d1

Reaction score
I’m glad to report that I just got off the phone with the service manager. He assured me mr “oh well” is getting fired. That’s exactly what I wanted.

Anyways, the manager also said he’ll offer me whatever I want, accessories, complimentary maintenance, etc and I didn’t have to give him an answer right away. He gave me his cell phone number so that I can follow up with him whenever I figured out what I “wanted”. I’ll think long and hard about what accessory to get but I will not go back for any more maintenance appointments.

As the saying goes, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Users who are viewing this thread