5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealership employees use my personal vehicle for business/joy ride

Pe2n3d1

Reaction score
Below is the link that shows employees of Bayside Chrysler using my personal vehicle to go and collect another vehicle for a different customer. Keep in mind I was at the dealership for over 2.5 hours waiting on the alternator (Etorque) getting replaced. They should of just given me the vehicle because I was onsite waiting for it but instead they used it to shuttle employees to pick up other vehicles. I’m in the video around the 11 second mark wearing the grey jacket so I saw this happen and confirmed it with my dash cam footage. The red flag immediately came up when I saw 2 employees in my vehicle and then only 1 returned (a 3rd and different employee mind you). I’ve already forwarded this to Ramcares so it can be included in my case. I hope this video goes viral and shows the lack and disrespect of customers at this dealership.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Below is the link that shows employees of Bayside Chrysler using my personal vehicle to go and collect another vehicle for a different customer. Keep in mind I was at the dealership for over 2.5 hours waiting on the alternator (Etorque) getting replaced. They should of just given me the vehicle because I was onsite waiting for it but instead they used it to shuttle employees to pick up other vehicles. I’m in the video around the 11 second mark wearing the grey jacket so I saw this happen and confirmed it with my dash cam footage. The red flag immediately came up when I saw 2 employees in my vehicle and then only 1 returned (a 3rd and different employee mind you). I’ve already forwarded this to Ramcares so it can be included in my case. I hope this video goes viral and shows the lack and disrespect of customers at this dealership.

1. Did you confront the dealership and if so what was their response? 2. Was it possible that they were also testing the repair as part of the trip? 3. Was the truck repaired properly? 4. Just how many miles did they put on your vehicle?

Pe2n3d1

Reaction score
1. Did you confront the dealership and if so what was their response? 2. Was it possible that they were also testing the repair as part of the trip? 3. Was the truck repaired properly? 4. Just how many miles did they put on your vehicle?
1. Yes I confronted the dealership. The only thing the service manager offered was a complimentary fill up at the gas station. It took almost 10 minutes just to get an apology.
2. They already test drove it. They put a total of 6 miles son my truck.
3. I can see the new Etorque installed but I will park it for 6-7 days again to see if the battery gets drained.
4. 6 miles.

Pe2n3d1

Reaction score
So was the eTorque not charging or was it a parasitic drain?
It was a parasitic drain to my battery. At least that’s what the dealership said after repair attempt #2. I’m gonna park it for 7 days to see if it was the Etorque.

Pe2n3d1

Reaction score
I also happen to be at the epicenter of this COVID 19 pandemic (NYC) so having multiple people in my vehicle is completely unnecessary. Do I have a lawsuit here?

Clyde

Reaction score
Sorry to say, but this is a common place.

I was waiting for my truck in the waiting room of my dealer, over heard the cashier ask a technician when he was going on his next test drive because she was hungry and wanted a burrito.

I worked at a dealership ship from 1997 - 2002 (another lifetime) customers cars were used for everything, food runs, big gulps, very few techs drove their own vehicles at lunch hour.

That’s not the worst of it, many tech’s romped on the modified vehicles to see just what they can do.

Knowing all this makes me very uneasy, not much you can do about it as you are at their mercy and bringing it up before hand will surely put them on the defensive, and they have a lot of pull in how your warranty claims go.

The one thing I do try to do is to take my truck in there with an empty gas tank, they do not want to go to the gas station and add to the time they are on a test drive/burrito run.

I always keep track of my miles, any additional mileage should co-inside with the repairs performed/type of test drive needed.

My dealership actually disconnects dash cams immediately after pulling into the service bay, and reconnect right before returning the vehicle to you.

Pe2n3d1

Reaction score
I wouldn't think so, but I'm no lawyer. My take on it take the free fill up and don't ever visit that dealership again. Also, negative Google reviews seem to help as well.
I will review them on every application possible. Thank you.
I’m not going back there for the fill up. They’re not going to put top tier mid grade fuel in it. The absolute ONLY reason I would go back is if this battery continues to die on me. They are 2 repair attempts away from me filing this truck as a lemon.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also happen to be at the epicenter of this COVID 19 pandemic (NYC) so having multiple people in my vehicle is completely unnecessary. Do I have a lawsuit here?
It’s outrageous but common. I am a lawyer and don’t see any cause for a suit. I’d do what another person posted and take the tank of gas, tell them you are never coming back and post negative reviews making others aware of this behavior. What morons to not care about the dash cam.

Pe2n3d1

Reaction score
Sorry to say, but this is a common place.

I was waiting for my truck in the waiting room of my dealer, over heard the cashier ask a technician when he was going on his next test drive because she was hungry and wanted a burrito.

I worked at a dealership ship from 1997 - 2002 (another lifetime) customers cars were used for everything, food runs, big gulps, very few techs drove their own vehicles at lunch hour.

That’s not the worst of it, many tech’s romped on the modified vehicles to see just what they can do.

Knowing all this makes me very uneasy, not much you can do about it as you are at their mercy and bringing it up before hand will surely put them on the defensive, and they have a lot of pull in how your warranty claims go.

The one thing I do try to do is to take my truck in there with an empty gas tank, they do not want to go to the gas station and add to the time they are on a test drive/burrito run.

I always keep track of my miles, any additional mileage should co-inside with the repairs performed/type of test drive needed.

My dealership actually disconnects dash cams immediately after pulling into the service bay, and reconnect right before returning the vehicle to you.
Common place or not, it’s not the right thing to do. They have their own vehicles to use for business.

The paper I signed states employees can “operate the vehicle described on streets, highways or elsewhere for the purpose of testing and/or inspection”
These 2 employees did not operate my vehicle to test it or inspection. They voided the agreement I signed.

Pe2n3d1

Reaction score
It’s outrageous but common. I am a lawyer and don’t see any cause for a suit. I’d do what another person posted and take the tank of gas, tell them you are never coming back and post negative reviews making others aware of this behavior. What morons to not care about the dash cam.
Thank you.

Clyde

Reaction score
Common place or not, it’s not the right thing to do. They have their own vehicles to use for business.

The paper I signed states employees can “operate the vehicle described on streets, highways or elsewhere for the purpose of testing and/or inspection”
These 2 employees did not operate my vehicle to test it or inspection. They voided the agreement I signed.
I agree 100%, and in no way was trying to justify it... I sure don’t want my truck used for anything.

Techs justify it by saying the vehicle needed to be test drove anyhow ... so what does it matter if I did xy or z while test driving.

Pe2n3d1

Reaction score
I agree 100%, and in no way was trying to justify it... I sure don’t want my truck used for anything.

Techs justify it by saying the vehicle needed to be test drove anyhow ... so what does it matter if I did xy or z while test driving.
Noted. Thank you. I’m not happy but I’m not trying to come at you.

These employees weren’t techs. They were valet drivers. The tech himself already test drove it earlier.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is common place, I had a dealer tell me outright that a tech took my truck home over night so he could test drive it. This was like 10 years ago but I wasn't real thrilled about it but I don't think they thought they were doing anything wrong.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention, @Pe2n3d1. If you are able to follow up with us via private message to provide any additional details about the situation, I would be grateful as I would like to look into this further for you.

Mark
RamCares

Pe2n3d1

Reaction score
It is common place, I had a dealer tell me outright that a tech took my truck home over night so he could test drive it. This was like 10 years ago but I wasn't real thrilled about it but I don't think they thought they were doing anything wrong.
Again, I signed an agreement that they did not uphold. Mind you, there were 3 different valet drivers in my vehicle and you only need 1 to get the job done. Thats 2 extra people amidst this COVID pandemic and this is how the dealer is protecting its customers?!

Users who are viewing this thread