5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer Ordering For Third-Installment Of “Built To Serve” Ram 1500 Opens:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Dealer Ordering For Third-Installment Of “Built To Serve” Ram 1500 Opens:
Anvil and Billet Silver Colors Are Now Available...

2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn Built To Serve Edition. (Ram) (1).jpg

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
According to the Press Release, there will be 1,500 units of the Billet Silver.

Do we know why Ram increased the number of available units for each color on this release?

CJR28

Reaction score

Do we know why Ram increased the number of available units for each color on this release?
Probably because they are in high demand. Most BTS are sold before dealerships even take delivery of them. It also makes the earlier colors a bit more rare now

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably because they are in high demand. Most BTS are sold before dealerships even take delivery of them. It also makes the earlier colors a bit more rare now

That could definitely be it. It’ll be interesting to see if the increased production numbers continue with the final two releases. I was thinking maybe the reason for the increase in the Anvil was because people saw the Anvil on the TRX and Ram thought that would drive up the interest in that particular color. But that doesn’t explain the increase in the Billet Silver.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

That even changed recently. I noted the change, thanks. It is due to high demand of the Built To Serve pickups.

Yoodie

Reaction score
Does anyone know for certain ordering is open? I checked with my dealer and he said it wasn’t showing open yet.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know for certain ordering is open? I checked with my dealer and he said it wasn’t showing open yet.

There’s been a lot of mixed messages concerning ordering BTS trucks. Some say that dealers can’t order them and Ram basically sends dealers trucks of their (Rams) choosing (which I find hard to believe). Then others say that dealers can order them and I think there’s one or two members here that factory ordered a BTS truck.

When I was looking for my Ceramic Gray model, I had dealers telling me they could order, but when they went into their system it wouldn’t allow them to. It was late in the run, so I figured it was just because the factory hit their total allotment of 1,000 units.

All I can suggest is to have your dealer keep trying. Ask him to try to order as a “Sold Order” if he hasn’t already tried. Given these were just announced yesterday, perhaps the “switch” hasn’t been thrown yet in the system to allow for ordering.

brewdad

Reaction score
I do not remember the colors offered in earlier bts editions; I am interested in Tank or Flame Red--have I already missed out on those colors?

CJR28

Reaction score
I do not remember the colors offered in earlier bts editions; I am interested in Tank or Flame Red--have I already missed out on those colors?
No they will be released next cycle, I cant wait to see what tank looks like

brewdad

Reaction score
All of my Rams & Jeeps have been Flame Red all the way back to my 1997 Grand Cherokee, but a few years ago I was drooling over a line of JK Wranglers and there was two Sahara's, one Flame Red and the other Tank; they were side by side and I could not decide which color I liked the best. That was the last time I have seen the Tank color, the best looking shade of green I ever saw.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Member @jic534 said in another thread last night that he ordered a Billet Silver Built to Serve that he’s waiting to be delivered. Looks like he ordered it back in late August. If that is the case, perhaps the reason for dealers not being able to order currently is because they’ve already hit their allotment of units.

I’ve tagged him above, so perhaps he will chime in with how he went about the ordering process.

Last edited:

jic534

Reaction score
Member @jic534 said in another thread last night that he ordered a Billet Silver Built to Serve that’s he’s waiting to be delivered. Looks like he ordered it back in late August. If that is the case, perhaps the reason for dealers not being able to order currently is because they’ve already hit their allotment of units.

I’ve tagged him above, so perhaps he will chime in with his he went about the ordering process.
@SCasey89, I wasn't aware of the Built to Serve package until late July/early August when the Navy versions were arriving at the dealers. I really liked the Patriot Blue. When I couldn't find one with the options I wanted, I decided to go the order route, this was late Aug. on the 22nd. At the time, they were already doing 2021s and both colors were available. If the current allotments are already taken, I would imagine the books will open up again in a couple of months for the Marine versions.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@SCasey89, I wasn't aware of the Built to Serve package until late July/early August when the Navy versions were arriving at the dealers. I really liked the Patriot Blue. When I couldn't find one with the options I wanted, I decided to go the order route, this was late Aug. on the 22nd. At the time, they were already doing 2021s and both colors were available. If the current allotments are already taken, I would imagine the books will open up again in a couple of months for the Marine versions.

Really appreciate you giving us a rundown of your ordering process! I find it interesting that dealers were able to order before the official announcement/release. And now that I think about it, with one of the Ceramic Gray BTS trucks I was looking at, the dealer sent me the order sheet, which had a May order date, even though the trucks weren’t officially announced until early June.

So it would appear that the order banks open a good two to three weeks before Ram officially announces/releases the phase.

For those of you looking for either Billet Silver or Anvil, you might be in a position where you just have to keep checking online inventories to see what’s in transit to your local dealers. That’s what I had to do to get my Ceramic Gray BTS.

72soft-top

Reaction score
So I just randomly found a Ceramic Gray BTS last month while searching the Ram site. Tracked it and contacted the dealer before it arrived since it had the towing options I needed. I wasn’t specifically looking for it, but it just happened and it’s awesome. My question is... with the Covid stuff, Is there any chance they didn’t produce the original 1000 units?

Users who are viewing this thread