5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer is telling me I must pay MSRP if I special order

jamesfg

Reaction score
I work for CCAP, I can get you a voucher for friends pricing. Corp gives us 12 a year, 6 for family, 6 for friends. They want us to give em out to promote the brand. LMK.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good luck, be confident enough to walk away from something that feels wrong.

Boatjockey

Reaction score
Email your exact specs (what you want) to all dealers in your area with just your email. No phone or address and just a first name.
I sent mine to 15 dealers and seven sent me quotes. Pick the best deal and resend to those that replied. I got 15% Off of MSRP without leaving my house. Then you go in to the dealership and process your order.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got over 9k off on a special order eTorque. Need to go to another dealer. If a dealer wants to charge msrp, they won’t be selling many trucks.

Jobrater

Reaction score
This guy might as well have been wearing a mask and carrying a gun. Run away. When the 4 door Jeep Wranglers were coming out in 2006, one dealer gave me that "full MSRP" BS. I went to another and ordered for $500 over invoice.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
I'm trying to special order a 2019 RAM 1500 Limited. No dealer has what I'm looking for so the only option is to build it on the RAM website and special order it.

The salesguy sent me the message below.

Questions is : Does anyone have any experience with special ordering the 2019 RAM? Does one get less discount if it is a special order?

-------------
Without the RAMBOX option the price would be $64,485.
Thats what the MSRP would be without the RAMBOX. When you special order a car from the manufacturer there is no negotiating the price of the car because you are requesting the manufacturer build it specifically for you which takes production time away from other cars.
-----------
I know this was written in July. I read this and I want to find out where you live and go slap that salesperson.

GoMango16

Reaction score
Heck, my truck sticker for 62K and I got it for 48K......

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
I would be pissed that the sales person thought i was dumb enough to believe that crap. Go buy one somewhere else and slowly drive it through their lot every day.

Bas

Reaction score
I'm trying to special order a 2019 RAM 1500 Limited. No dealer has what I'm looking for so the only option is to build it on the RAM website and special order it.

Questions is : Does anyone have any experience with special ordering the 2019 RAM? Does one get less discount if it is a special order?

-------------
Thats what the MSRP would be without the RAMBOX. When you special order a car from the manufacturer there is no negotiating the price of the car because you are requesting the manufacturer build it specifically for you which takes production time away from other cars.
-----------
Nonsense, find another dealer and let him know you did

U

User_3336

Don't automatically assume any dealer is just going to give up their holdback......

Most dealers will sell at FFP, but not much less.

On the bottom you will see "HB" which is hold back you should easily be able to get that amount off your car plus any other rebates and specials going on. You then will see "FFP" which stands for Family and Friends price and then you will see "EP" which is employee pricing. Normally you have to have a code from an FCA employee for FFP and EP but some claim on here they have received FFP and EP pricing without this FCA code from an FCA employee.

U

User_3336

Was that 15% including dealer discounts AND rebates?

Email your exact specs (what you want) to all dealers in your area with just your email. No phone or address and just a first name.
I sent mine to 15 dealers and seven sent me quotes. Pick the best deal and resend to those that replied. I got 15% Off of MSRP without leaving my house. Then you go in to the dealership and process your order.

U

User_3336

Honestly, you can get FFP pricing from just about any dealer as their "best offer".

FFP is 1% over invoice +$75.

I work for CCAP, I can get you a voucher for friends pricing. Corp gives us 12 a year, 6 for family, 6 for friends. They want us to give em out to promote the brand. LMK.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If a dealer tells you that you need to leave immediately and go to another one.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't automatically assume any dealer is just going to give up their holdback......

Not an assumption. Find a dealer that will....

Last edited:
U

User_3336

Easily said, but some people simply don't have time to handle 4-5 dealers at the same time with negotiating.

Maybe its just in Middle TN, but dealers get on the defensive when you mention "holdback".

Everyone's negotiating experience will differ.

Not an assumption. Find a dealer that will....

GregHBNA said:

Boatjockey

Reaction score
Was that 15% including dealer discounts AND rebates?
Sticker was $69.5K. After dealer discount, $1500 rebate, $500 coupon walked out paying $56.6K plus tax. About 19% off of MSRP. Dealer claims they lost money on the deal but they are the ones who offered the price so too bad for them.

Jafcy

Reaction score
I ordered my truck and got about 15% off MSRP in mid January. I'm driving the truck now and love it. As mentioned above, do the trade AFTER negotiating price. It really is a separate deal.

Truckin

Reaction score

-------------
-----------
All I can say is B.S....Run, don't walk to another dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread