5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer Damage

BigD

Reaction score
nothing wrong with buying used. You just have to know what your looking at. Sellers trying to sell a messed-up vehicle are expecting to sell it to an unsuspecting buyer. Not every buyer is retarded. plenty of us have gotten great dealers on used vehicles.
Who knows how bad the previous owner beat on it ? Yes u can check carfax reports & maintenance records, but u have no idea if the previous owner towed a ton of heavy trailers daily or stomped on the gas pedal at every stop light.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Who knows how bad the previous owner beat on it ? Yes u can check carfax reports & maintenance records, but u have no idea if the previous owner towed a ton of heavy trailers daily or stomped on the gas pedal at every stop light.
I agree to an extent but I have purchased several used vehicles without issues over the years. Still lots of used vehicles out there for good deals. Not every used car or truck was bashed on.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
If they're treating this like making a deal on any truck, they're wrong. If they do the right thing, it should cost the dealer and/or the OP little or nothing.
Ok so before everyone flys off the handle why dont we wait and see how the dealer handles it? Expecting the dealer to cave is just not realistic

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Accident doesn't mean blameless.
And the dealer is taking responsibility for it by offering to fix it or make a deal on a replacement vehicle. So again, besides the inconvenience what's the problem?

BigD

Reaction score
Very curious to see how all this turns out. Hopefully the O.P. will update us when he returns from the dealership today.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok so before everyone flys off the handle why dont we wait and see how the dealer handles it? Expecting the dealer to cave is just not realistic
Having worked in the dealer for 16 yrs, they will make the situation right as far as fixing it but as far as them giving a deal on a new vehicle at little to no cost to him, doubt that will happen.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's fine, but don't sit and act like fixing his truck and giving it back is cool.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And the dealer is taking responsibility for it by offering to fix it or make a deal on a replacement vehicle. So again, besides the inconvenience what's the problem?
"That's why we have insurance" and "we'll sell you a new one" aren't taking responsibility. They don't have a choice in one, and they're just being a dealer in the other.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I really feel bad for the dealerships that serve some of the people on this forum lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't, especially the ones that act like some of these dudes around here.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
That's fine, but don't sit and act like fixing his truck and giving it back is cool.
They are going to fix the truck for the guy or they'll work a deal on a new one. This is an unfortunate situation but what the fu(k more could possibly be done to put the guy at ease? What would be the righteous remedy that mr. Snowblazr2 would be happy with?

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They are going to fix the truck for the guy or they'll work a deal on a new one. This is an unfortunate situation but what the fu(k more could possibly be done to put the guy at ease? What would be the righteous remedy that mr. Snowblazr2 would be happy with?
It's pretty simple. The deal they work up needs to account for their **** up. "We'll sell you a new truck same as we'd sell anyone else a new truck" isn't the right answer.

Am I saying something that's overly difficult to understand?

You might be fine driving around in a busted *** truck. Some aren't.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
It's pretty simple. The deal they work up needs to account for their **** up. "We'll sell you a new truck same as we'd sell anyone else a new truck" isn't the right answer.

So I'll ask yet again, what would mr. Snowblazr2 want to happen? What would you be comfortable with?

MichaelR

Reaction score

It’s just a weird idea that because they are a car dealership they are on the line for more than any other business or individual would be.

If this happened while the car was with a vallet would you expect the vallet to add additional compensation over covering it with insurance?

Or if it were unattended in a parking lot and a snow removal company hit it would you expect them to negotiate a new car with a dealership in addition to covering the insurance repair?

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I'll ask yet again, what would mr. Snowblazr2 want to happen? What would you be comfortable with?
Sigh.

I've stated what the solution ought to be about 4-5 times now.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s just a weird idea that because they are a car dealership they are on the line for more than any other business or individual would be.

If this happened while the car was with a vallet would you expect the vallet to add additional compensation over covering it with insurance?

Or if it were unattended in a parking lot and a snow removal company hit it would you expect them to negotiate a new car with a dealership in addition to covering the insurance repair?
The guy gave the dealer a truck that wasn't in a major accident. The dealer needs to give him back a truck that wasn't in a major accident.

Can we stop with the nonsensical analogies yet? This isn't a valet or a snow removal company. The valet or snow removal can't get a new truck at cost or easily sell his repaired truck for a profit.

MichaelR

Reaction score
The guy gave the dealer a truck that wasn't in a major accident. The dealer needs to give him back a truck that wasn't in a major accident.

Can we stop with the nonsensical analogies yet? This isn't a valet or a snow removal company.

This is why people think your expectations are unreasonable because some how a car dealership is more on the hook because their products are cars than any other business would be.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is why people think your expectations are unreasonable because some how a car dealership is more on the hook because their products are cars than any other business would be.
No, very few people think this because they're not very good at math and/or they work at dealerships.

Users who are viewing this thread