5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead Truck Class Action Lawsuit

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
How many people has dealt with the issue of a dead truck? I'm posting this to mable start a class action lawsuit. I took ownership of my 19 Longhorn in July 2018, from then until now my truck has died 7 times. My attorney says if it's nothing safety related, he's almost 99% sure the Ram will not buyback or lemon law my truck. I'm sick of dealing with it but we need to come together to make our voices heard on this issue. I am GM convert, now I see why the old heads said stay away from Dodge. I gave Dodge (Ram) the benefit of the doubt, now I'm being screwed around on a $70,000 vehicle. I encourage everyone you that has experienced a dead truck, to please jump on board. I'm not writing as impatient prick, I have patiently waited for a fix and its it's not one. Let's make a move gentlemen, this may be the only way to either get a buy back or lemon law.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
I've only read a few claims of this happening here or elsewhere. I'd get a new attorney and proceed with Lemon Law. A truck that randomly dies is a significant safety/health issue and should be either resolved or replace the truck.

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
I've only read a few claims of this happening here or elsewhere. I'd get a new attorney and proceed with Lemon Law. A truck that randomly dies is a significant safety/health issue and should be either resolved or replace the truck.
That's what I thought, attorney says other wise.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was this happening before you modified the truck? That is, before you modified the truck's computer system with the Hypertech. The Hypertech flash might be the cause?

I've never heard of a class action suit benefiting anyone but attorneys........

mtehonica

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I've linked my dead battery issues to the air suspension - I've had it happen on 3 occasions...

Twice, I used the keyfob to lower my truck to entry/exit height, left it for 2 days, came back, it was dead.
Once, I raised the truck to the highest setting (Off Road 2) before getting out, deployed the power steps, left it for a day and a half, came back, it was dead.

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
Was this happening before you modified the truck? That is, before you modified the truck's computer system with the Hypertech. The Hypertech flash might be the cause?

I've never heard of a class action suit benefiting anyone but attorneys........
Nothing is modified just tire size correction. It's not a flash. I'm asking for people with the issue to respond.

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
Gee, and I was going to respond,..................
I'm just saying, not asking for a diagnosis. The purpose of this is to see who wants to file a lawsuit. We can have a discussion but I would like for people who has or have experienced the issue.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Wish I could help bro. No related issues with mine whatsoever

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
Were you having the dead battery issue before the OPT7 lightbar was installed? Use a multimeter, to check your battery for a parasitic drain.
Parasitic tests have been performed several times with no draw.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
I'd get a different attorney.

Most states' lemon laws say you're eligible for a lemon law claim if your vehicle has been in the shop X number of times for the same issue or in the shop for a period of over Y days in the first 12-18 months.

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
Were you having the dead battery issue before the OPT7 lightbar was installed? Use a multimeter, to check your battery for a parasitic drain.
And yes the truck has had an battery issue from 3 months on in since purchase, w/o any add ons

Maconi

Reaction score
I've not had any issues but I have eTorque which assists the battery as far as I know. Maybe it's a known issue and is why Ram requires the eTorque on 2020 models (or maybe that's just for EPA)?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I've not had any issues but I have eTorque which assists the battery as far as I know. Maybe it's a known issue and is why Ram requires the eTorque on 2020 models (or maybe that's just for EPA)?
EPA targets. That's all.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
How many people has dealt with the issue of a dead truck? I'm posting this to mable start a class action lawsuit. I took ownership of my 19 Longhorn in July 2018, from then until now my truck has died 7 times. My attorney says if it's nothing safety related, he's almost 99% sure the Ram will not buyback or lemon law my truck. I'm sick of dealing with it but we need to come together to make our voices heard on this issue. I am GM convert, now I see why the old heads said stay away from Dodge. I gave Dodge (Ram) the benefit of the doubt, now I'm being screwed around on a $70,000 vehicle. I encourage everyone you that has experienced a dead truck, to please jump on board. I'm not writing as impatient prick, I have patiently waited for a fix and its it's not one. Let's make a move gentlemen, this may be the only way to either get a buy back or lemon law.
How many times have you taken the truck into the dealership for this issue? What state are you in?

flynfish

Reaction score
Mine was dead after it was in our driveway for 4 days without being driven because we were away.

I haven’t brought it in yet and jump started it to get it going again. The heck engine light was on for a day after and then it went off so I wasn’t sure they would even see anything if the ran diagnostics on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dmodem

Reaction score
Although I'm more disappointed with the week in was at the dealer for air conditioning performance and multiple parts that were replaced with no change, I had a similar one-time issue. After sitting in my garage for a week, the front air suspension lowered to entry/exit height, and the truck was completely dead. Although it wouldn't jump start, after charging for 6 hours, it started but wouldn't raise stating the "air suspension needed to cool down". After a 4 day dealer trip, they verified there were codes related to the charging system but could find no specific issue.

Users who are viewing this thread