5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead Truck Class Action Lawsuit

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really don’t mean to pour salt in the wound but after looking at all the crap that’s on my buddies new Limited I just kept telling myself....there’s no way he doesn’t end up with problems. The advanced level of electronics, air suspension, etc sure seemed like a nightmare in the making to me.

flynfish

Reaction score
Just to clarify I don’t have an air suspension. The first week that I had the truck I went camping with a buddy. From our campsite I could see the truck and after it was sitting for a few hours, the screen would randomly turn on and then off again.

I don’t know if it still does it, but I bet it has something to do with that. You could setup a camera to record it all night and see if it’s turning on randomly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ABW

Reaction score
Put me on the list. However I am in Canada. Truck battery dead twice now. Got a 24Hr roadside assistants boost, took to dealer, they tested the battery and said that it tests great. They did watch the draw during shut down and said that something didn't shut down in the right amount of time but couldn't determine what. Said they'd need the truck for a period of time, in which they would connect with FCA engineering to do what ever tests they asked for. But they won't give me a rental during that time because I didn't buy the Service Contract. Who buys a service contract on a new vehicle (rhetorical). I'll keep getting it boosted until something shows a fault or I get close to the warranty limit and trade it. However, I am in the process of making a Raspberry Pi data logger to watch the shut down current and try and figure out what's going on. BTW, I am very disappointed with the Ram owners on here who can't read. Don't bother trolling me, I'll just leave.

derp

Reaction score
How many people has dealt with the issue of a dead truck? I'm posting this to mable start a class action lawsuit. I took ownership of my 19 Longhorn in July 2018, from then until now my truck has died 7 times. My attorney says if it's nothing safety related, he's almost 99% sure the Ram will not buyback or lemon law my truck. I'm sick of dealing with it but we need to come together to make our voices heard on this issue. I am GM convert, now I see why the old heads said stay away from Dodge. I gave Dodge (Ram) the benefit of the doubt, now I'm being screwed around on a $70,000 vehicle. I encourage everyone you that has experienced a dead truck, to please jump on board. I'm not writing as impatient prick, I have patiently waited for a fix and its it's not one. Let's make a move gentlemen, this may be the only way to either get a buy back or lemon law.

I'm with you in spirit. here's the challenge.

standing. There is no federal lemon law. each state has one to vehicles purchased in that state only. that means 50 Class action lawsuits. what state are you in (edit - what state did you BUY in. I see you are in alabama) ? I'll hop in if we actually have standing in a common state for suit.

cadillacrules

Reaction score
How many people has dealt with the issue of a dead truck? I'm posting this to mable start a class action lawsuit. I took ownership of my 19 Longhorn in July 2018, from then until now my truck has died 7 times. My attorney says if it's nothing safety related, he's almost 99% sure the Ram will not buyback or lemon law my truck. I'm sick of dealing with it but we need to come together to make our voices heard on this issue. I am GM convert, now I see why the old heads said stay away from Dodge. I gave Dodge (Ram) the benefit of the doubt, now I'm being screwed around on a $70,000 vehicle. I encourage everyone you that has experienced a dead truck, to please jump on board. I'm not writing as impatient prick, I have patiently waited for a fix and its it's not one. Let's make a move gentlemen, this may be the only way to either get a buy back or lemon law.
I feel your pain bro. Towed 5 times since I took delivery and issues with cluster and radio doing funny things as well. No lemon laws in Canada so I am like you, possibly holding a bag with an $80K boat anchor contained within

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm in AL but my case was file in OH. Its been in 7 times.
First off, let me say that I have had no issues, and will not join a class action lawsuit at this time.
Of the 7 times you've had your truck in to the dealership, was it for the same problem all 7 times, or were those for different problems? Was it in the shop for the same problem 3 or more times? For Ohio and for Alabama, if the dealership can't fix the same problem after 3 or more attempts, the vehicle qualifies to be bought back under the lemon laws of either state. Not sure what your attorney is telling you, but it's easy enough to google the lemon laws for any state. You can look it up for yourself.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm sorry you're having issues with your truck, but cut out the GM convert BS. I can go over to the GM forum right now and find plenty of people claiming their truck is also a lemon. The truth is there will always be lemons from every manufacturer. It just sucks when you are the receiving end of one.

spaightlabs

Reaction score
First off, let me say that I have had no issues, and will not join a class action lawsuit at this time.
Of the 7 times you've had your truck in to the dealership, was it for the same problem all 7 times, or were those for different problems? Was it in the shop for the same problem 3 or more times? For Ohio and for Alabama, if the dealership can't fix the same problem after 3 or more attempts, the vehicle qualifies to be bought back under the lemon laws of either state. Not sure what your attorney is telling you, but it's easy enough to google the lemon laws for any state. You can look it up for yourself.

Both OH and AL lemon laws apply for one year after the vehicle is put into service...

Samson75

Reaction score
My truck has died twice now. The 1st time I sent it in. This time I jumped the truck and like someone else has posted the check engine light stayed on for awhile. I suspect until the battery boosted back up to an acceptable level. I bummed to see so mAny responses on this honestly.... the radio has not worked on a few other occasions

dialupdave

Reaction score
Here to. POS is at the dealer. 2 jumps in the last 2 days. Wouldn’t start at the dealer.

loud POP won’t start.

$100,000 pieces of ****.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Here to. POS is at the dealer. 2 jumps in the last 2 days. Wouldn’t start at the dealer.

loud POP won’t start.

$100,000 pieces of ****.

I sincerely regret to hear your sentiments, dialupdave. Please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message if you are in need of any additional support while working with your dealer on this.

Mark
RamCares

dialupdave

Reaction score
I sincerely regret to hear your sentiments, dialupdave. Please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message if you are in need of any additional support while working with your dealer on this.

Mark
RamCares

will you help me if I’m in Canada?

dialupdave

Reaction score
Worse my dealer is telling me NO PROBLEM found and wants me to take my truck back. BOOSTED 3 times and it didn’t start on the dealer lot and yet... NO PROBLEM found.

like WTF....this is my life now with my ram? Boosted every week? Unreliable? Won’t start and unsafe?

it’s a joke.

RamCares

Reaction score
will you help me if I’m in Canada?

Hi dialupdave,

I apologize, as our team is only able to assist customers located in the US. If you continue to work with your dealer to address this, we suggest contacting Canadian Customer Care to have this documented. You may find their contact information by clicking on the following link and scrolling down to the "Canada" tab: https://www.fcagroup.com/en-US/footer/Pages/contacts.aspx.

Mark
RamCares

Pe2n3d1

Reaction score
I’ve been waiting for over 2 hours now for a tow truck via roadside assistance. My truck won’t start and now it’s just completely dead. I’ve had this baby for just shy of 5 months and it only has 4,400 miles on it. The first attempt of roadside assistance was some kid in a bmw trying to jumpstart my battery. That went nowhere. I am not looking forward to the service center experience at my local dealer. I just hate going there for anything outside of a complimentary tire rotation and oil change.

RamCares

Reaction score
I’ve been waiting for over 2 hours now for a tow truck via roadside assistance. My truck won’t start and now it’s just completely dead. I’ve had this baby for just shy of 5 months and it only has 4,400 miles on it. The first attempt of roadside assistance was some kid in a bmw trying to jumpstart my battery. That went nowhere. I am not looking forward to the service center experience at my local dealer. I just hate going there for anything outside of a complimentary tire rotation and oil change.

I'm very sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing, @Pe2n3d1. Please do not hesitate to follow up with our team via PM if you are in need of any additional support while working with your dealer, we are more than happy to get you set up with an additional layer of support for that process.

Mark
RamCares

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd get a different attorney.

Most states' lemon laws say you're eligible for a lemon law claim if your vehicle has been in the shop X number of times for the same issue or in the shop for a period of over Y days in the first 12-18 months.
Yeah, based on his description I can't think of a better reason for a lemon law claim. And, I too, thinks he needs a new attorney.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 031690 miles.
P.S. I knew a man who served with General Puller from Guadalcanal to Peleliu. I believe Puller he was the most decorated Marine in American history.

Users who are viewing this thread