5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead Truck Class Action Lawsuit

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm with you in spirit. here's the challenge.

standing. There is no federal lemon law. each state has one to vehicles purchased in that state only. that means 50 Class action lawsuits. what state are you in (edit - what state did you BUY in. I see you are in alabama) ? I'll hop in if we actually have standing in a common state for suit.

The Magnuson Moss Act is the federal lemon law. Anything that has a warranty on it is included. B2B can be over and you can still file a claim. You can also concurently or successively file a state AND federal MMWA lemon law case. Been there did it with GM. took them to the cleaners. Do every arbitration, it costs them thousands for you to show up and play on your phone they are non binding wastes of time, reject them all and go to state arbitration and win, then file federal with the state results as supporting evidence and in federal you can go for trebeled damages and much more than most state lemon laws.

FWIW my truck decided to have a dead battery it's 1st week home. DEAD. 0 volts. I had to parallel a jump pack and trickle charge it to bring it back to life. Seems fine now. I haven't done anyhing with the eleceltrical that should cause a drain. especially one that drains a battery with 140 reserve capacity. That's a lot of juice going to a dead short somewhere.

Last edited:

2019 PB

Reaction score
Ramcares doesn't care if you live in Canada. There's little support if you live outside of the US.

This is my 5th consecutive dodge pickup but Im extremely frustrated with some of the unresolved electronic gremlins. I regret trading my old truck in!

This isn't the first time I've posted this response to ramcares. Won't be the last time either Total BS to be having these types of issues with a new $80k truck.

Something to consider if you're shopping for a new truck.

slauso

Reaction score
I'm wondering how many of these trucks with no start problems have the e-torque system on them. Have read there have been problems with the e-torque batterys causing no starts. My 2019 Longhorn non e-torque has been trouble free so far.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
This isn't the first time I've posted this response to ramcares. Won't be the last time either Total BS to be having these types of issues with a new $80k truck.
There's nothing elite about spending $80k on a truck. The person who spends $30k should expect the same customer service as someone who spends $80k. Unfortunately, the only way it will improve is if people stop buying their products because of poor customer service. For the life of me I can't understand why a lot of car companies don't seem to understand that. Customer service drives customer loyalty. Bad customer service drives customers to switch to another brand. Ram could lead in sales if they could just change their reputation for not caring. People are forgiving of problems with products they buy if there is excellent customer service. They know it will be taken care of. When people have the perception that problems may not be taken care of they tend to switch brands. Just my 2 cents.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm very sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing, @Pe2n3d1. Please do not hesitate to follow up with our team via PM if you are in need of any additional support while working with your dealer, we are more than happy to get you set up with an additional layer of support for that process.

Mark
RamCares
Like what, thoughts and prayers his way while waving around a magic wand?

The real solution is EVERYONE who has had this problem needs to report it here

Then RAM will be forced to care.

Last edited:

Frebo

Reaction score
Same problem, dead truck. New 2019 RAM 1500 Limited with eTorque. Had it for 2 months and ~1200 kms (Canada). Drove it and parked it one night, but the next morning it was completely dead. Measured about 5v across the battery, but nothing could be powered. Had to get it towed as they could not jump it. Dealer recharged the battery and said there's nothing wrong. Their best theory is that the system firmware update (which was set to auto update) could not complete and then caused problems and the battery to drain.

If I could I would really like to get rid of this truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/