5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead in the Driveway; Had to be Haul Away

PTRAM

Reaction score
No work around for the electric e-brake release when your truck doesn't have power, but like I said, fix the reason the truck won't start and the brakes will release themselves. They wanted to take me out and show me how to uncheck the auto brake setting in the Uconnect. I told them I could handle it. Will probably never EVER use that feature again, EVER. We'll see if the 2020's have a work around.

I was at my dealer this morning hoping to get the power brake pedal recall (VO7) and no luck-no parts--but I asked him if I lost all power completely, could I get the auto brakes to release. He said they had to do that a couple of times. I am old so he took a picture of the back brakes on the back side of the rotor and there is a green wire coming to a top of whatever it is and he said they had to unbolt that and pull it out on each side (Yeah, this is not tech language and I should have had him take a picture for me--but maybe you all know about this ---or maybe I am not answering the right question--but trying)

AlJ

Reaction score
I was at my dealer this morning hoping to get the power brake pedal recall (VO7) and no luck-no parts--but I asked him if I lost all power completely, could I get the auto brakes to release. He said they had to do that a couple of times. I am old so he took a picture of the back brakes on the back side of the rotor and there is a green wire coming to a top of whatever it is and he said they had to unbolt that and pull it out on each side (Yeah, this is not tech language and I should have had him take a picture for me--but maybe you all know about this ---or maybe I am not answering the right question--but trying)

Sounds like you may be onto something, because I do know there are electric motors on each of the rear rotors. Although it sounds like something I wouldn't want the tow truck driver attempting without some training and guidance.

PTRAM

Reaction score
Sounds like you may be onto something, because I do know there are electric motors on each of the rear rotors. Although it sounds like something I wouldn't want the tow truck driver attempting without some training and guidance.

I do have a good service department but I agree with you about a tow truck driver doing this.. This was the assist. manager who took time to show me (well-took pics for me) on the top back of rotor on the rear where this was located and acted like it was not a big deal. ( He probably didn't do it--but he was speaking for a tech.)

frisby5

Reaction score
No work around for the electric e-brake release when your truck doesn't have power, but like I said, fix the reason the truck won't start and the brakes will release themselves. They wanted to take me out and show me how to uncheck the auto brake setting in the Uconnect. I told them I could handle it. Will probably never EVER use that feature again, EVER. We'll see if the 2020's have a work around.
Electric brake wont release on my truck and i have power but a yellow parking light on the dash. Trying to figure out how i can release it . Doesnt seem there is a way.

Lyons

Reaction score
Electric brake wont release on my truck and i have power but a yellow parking light on the dash. Trying to figure out how i can release it . Doesnt seem there is a way.
There is a way to release the parking brake. I just did it, but it does take some time and tools. Have to take off the two T30 bolts holding the electric brake hub on the rear calipers then you’re able to turn the brake with a 12pt 10mm wrench. Makes it a lot easier with the tire off.
It’s

Attachments

• IMG_9737.jpeg
    IMG_9737.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_9738.jpeg
    IMG_9738.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 16

frisby5

Reaction score
There is a way to release the parking brake. I just did it, but it does take some time and tools. Have to take off the two T30 bolts holding the electric brake hub on the rear calipers then you’re able to turn the brake with a 12pt 10mm wrench. Makes it a lot easier with the tire off.
It’s
Hopefully you are not out in the middle of knowhere if this happens . I turned off mine ,autopark in Uconnect.

Users who are viewing this thread