5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DASM won’t take calibration after windshield replacement

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I can appreciate an open conversation about the recalibration but if you don't do the recalibration your sensors will be off until the vehicle recalibrates itself over time.
Why not just recal it after having the windshield replaced? What would the benefit be from waiting for the truck do it over the period of possibly days/weeks?

When you take the camera out of its bracket the calibration is off and your systems like adaptive cruise control, collision avoidance, lane assist won't work correctly and could
potentially lead to an accident for someone who relies on those systems. Btw no one driving should ever rely on those systems ever....

To go off what you said that you absolutely don't need to do the recalibration, correct that you don't have to have it done, but the system will not function as it is
supposed to until it recalibrates itself then.

The reason glass companies do the recalibration is because they get paid by insurance to do it, it's literally that simple.

I disagree. My system worked perfect when the truck was picked up. If the glass is the same, how would the "sensors" be off unless the installer messed with it? Particularly if its OEM glass?

I believe resident expert @Jimmy07 would confirm, there's no reason to recalibrate and many that do have problems after.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The system can work perfectly(or you assume it does ) but it may not be working accurately. The manufacturer recommends anytime the windshield is replaced, tire size changed, or it has been replaced it needs to be programed. The forward.

Why the manufacturer or insurance companies require it, my opinion is that they are covering their *** in case the system fails to work properly after replacing the windshield. If somehow the glass isn't sitting at the same angle as the original then the camera could be off. Then the measured distances by the the DASM would be off.

Users who are viewing this thread