5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DASM won’t take calibration after windshield replacement

dragbug

Reaction score
After posting found out when talking to dealer that they did do the re-program (tech performed it before I authorized the work and the service agent didn’t even know it had been done until after I left) but it failed with the after market shield. Dealer says now that the OEM shield is in they need to re-program again and should get it. Good grief. Hope I am getting closer to the finish line.
Any update?

Twhits1500

Reaction score
Any update?
Nada. Was back today. Safelite installed a factory windshield, dealer performed reprogram and recal. Still not working. Dealer says probably the LDW module.

As far as I know, every time the recal has been performed it has been in aero mode. Does that matter?

Eduardox

Reaction score
I am having the same exact issue. Safelite is getting the OEM windshield. I guess we will find out.

Steelmetallic4x4

Reaction score
Curious if you have had any luck. I have been trying to get this fixed for the past 6 weeks with 2 dealer visits and now 4 Safelite visits. Fortunately it is an insurance claim so I am not footing the bill.

Mine is a 2019 and completely stock--new tires but same size... Exact same deal. ACC and lane sensors not working. Lane keep assist not working. Says there is a DASM update that the truck needs to have run at the dealer for their calibration to work. I think just their way to pass the issue off for me to deal with. I did get an OEM windshield out of it when the Safelite windshield didn't work but OEM is no better, in this case, so far. Extremely frustrated. Please if anyone has any wisdom, I am all ears.
I thought I wrote your post for a minute. I've had 4 Safelite visits and 2 windshields (aftermarket and now OEM). Still no Lane keeping, ACC, or forward collision working. Safelite says there is a Technical Bulletin out from Ram that a computer update needs to be performed before the recalibration will work. I have an appointment in 3 days with the dealer and hope to get it resolved. Very Very Frustrating!!

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The answer is, don't let them try to recalibrate it. There is no reason it needs to be recalibrated, unless they hit it, throwing it out of calibration.
Only time is if they tried to adjust the camera. Other than that, don't mess with it.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The answer is, don't let them try to recalibrate it. There is no reason it needs to be recalibrated, unless they hit it, throwing it out of calibration.
I sure wish I wouldn’t have let them try to calibrate mine as it was working before they messed with it.

Twhits1500

Reaction score
My issue has been resolved by Safelite. I don’t believe it is a software update issue but could be. I did end up with a software update at dealer as part of this fiasco. My truck is a Limited with air suspension. It was dropping from Normal to Aero during the calibration and throwing it off. Turned off Aero mode in settings, left in Normal and the calibration worked.

Mountainlion

Reaction score
Yesterday they changed the windscreen on my 3500(OEM) No calibration.
not needed acc. to the glass guy.

Today I stopped the truck left the Key fob inside. When I closed the door all four door locked. Had to go and get the spare fob to get in to the truck.

Can this be caused by the change of windscreen?

6of36

Reaction score
Two totally different systems. Possible electrical interference blocked signal of fob in truck. If fob is acknowledged, the truck should not lock without 3 attempts to lock.

Adrian052

Reaction score
I’m having the same issues now with a no ACC warning after new glass. Glass was replaced a year ago, couple of weeks ago I lost ACC. Dealer replaced windshield as they said it was not OEM. They said Star can’t calibrate it. I have a 6” lift on 35’s (had stock 22’s in for calibration) I was trying to see if I can adjust the height in Alfa, but couldn’t see anything on that. Additionally, my truck has been lifted since the first week that I owned it with less than 300 miles and it now has 31k.

I’m not sure if a dealer or safelite will be able to fix this. Anyone know the “cheapest” way to get my hands on a witch license so that I can run the calibration myself? Or any other options out there?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’m having the same issues now with a no ACC warning after new glass. Glass was replaced a year ago, couple of weeks ago I lost ACC. Dealer replaced windshield as they said it was not OEM. They said Star can’t calibrate it. I have a 6” lift on 35’s (had stock 22’s in for calibration) I was trying to see if I can adjust the height in Alfa, but couldn’t see anything on that. Additionally, my truck has been lifted since the first week that I owned it with less than 300 miles and it now has 31k.

I’m not sure if a dealer or safelite will be able to fix this. Anyone know the “cheapest” way to get my hands on a witch license so that I can run the calibration myself? Or any other options out there?
Did you adjust your speedometer for tire size?
It's possible it needs to be adjusted back for 22s, calibrated, then set back.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
I still want to know too if this will be a feature I am ever able to get back on my truck lol. I am only leveled with big wheel/tire combo and they tried putting factory sized tires on and still were not able to calibrate and get it working.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
I still want to know too if this will be a feature I am ever able to get back on my truck lol. I am only leveled with big wheel/tire combo and they tried putting factory sized tires on and still were not able to calibrate and get it working.
New update to this old post. I finally was able to get my system calibrated again after having a new windshield installed and putting my factory wheels back on.

Users who are viewing this thread