5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DashCam Install

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am going to install a DashCam and saw a post where another member did it but I didn't see it actually mounted on the windshield. Does anyone have instructions for removing the contraption cover behind the mirror? I plan to install below it but would like to route the wires through that cover. Thanks!

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's my thread. I mounted it to the right of the rear view mirror using the suction cup mount. No issues after a few months.

In my F150 I bought the rear mirror mount but didn't think it'd work with the Ram.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's my thread. I mounted it to the right of the rear view mirror using the suction cup mount. No issues after a few months.

In my F150 I bought the rear mirror mount but didn't think it'd work with the Ram.

Thanks! Did you mount it up high below the headliner and it can see the whole windshield with no obstructions from the trucks sensors?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just completed the hard wired installation of my BlackVue DR750S dash camera and my Uniden R3 radar detector. Everything came apart easily and I took my time to make this install as factory as possible. I have the dash cam connected into a Power Magic Pro for use in Parking Mode. The radar detector runs off the accessory lead on the fuse panel behind the steering column. Let me know your thoughts!

Ramcam1.jpg RamCam2.jpg RamCam3.jpg RamCam4.jpg RamCam5.jpg RamCam6.jpg RamCam7.jpg RamCam8.jpg

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
looks great! Same place I mounted my DR900s-2CH. Although I didn't take the cover off the mirror housing. How did you remove it?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks @sticker500 ...There is a notch at the very bottom on the passengers side and I took my plastic trim removal tool, inserted it into the grove and twisted it and it popped right off with out any issues. It is held on with 4 plastic clips. I then created a notch for the dash cam cable to feed up into the housing by using my soldering iron to burn a groove into the plastic so it fit like a glove.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks @sticker500 ...There is a notch at the very bottom on the passengers side and I took my plastic trim removal tool, inserted it into the grove and twisted it and it popped right off with out any issues. It is held on with 4 plastic clips.

Awesome, thanks! I saw the PDF above but I always like to get a personal perspective from someone who has done it. I have get a new windshield now also because of a chip that turned into a crack and is about half way across :(

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you have any questions and want to chat, PM me and I'll give you my cell. If you are getting your windshield replaced, that's the perfect excuse to reroute your dash cam cable;) The A-Pillars came off like a breeze by removing the two handle bolts and one snap clip.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very nice, clean install! Did you buy a rear cam as well?

I'll be removing my G1W and installing an A129 in its place shortly. I'll take some pics of the windshield mounting for you.

I used a mirror mount with the F150 and G1W - that wouldn't work with the Ram so it's been using the included suction cup mount.

A129 has a permanent windshield mount that it snaps into. I've got it in, just need to run the new power cord when it warms up later today.

Shabak

Reaction score
Just completed the hard wired installation of my BlackVue DR750S dash camera and my Uniden R3 radar detector. Everything came apart easily and I took my time to make this install as factory as possible. I have the dash cam connected into a Power Magic Pro for use in Parking Mode. The radar detector runs off the accessory lead on the fuse panel behind the steering column. Let me know your thoughts!

View attachment 18382 View attachment 18383 View attachment 18384 View attachment 18385 View attachment 18386 View attachment 18387 View attachment 18388 View attachment 18389
Thanks for the photo and notes, planned on using the same route. Did a little surveying of the area today. I am installing a VIOFO A119 Dash Cam ran out of time this weekend.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Eduardox

Reaction score

View attachment 18382 View attachment 18383 View attachment 18384 View attachment 18385 View attachment 18386 View attachment 18387 View attachment 18388 View attachment 18389
Security guy, where did you get that mount for the radar detrctor??

Users who are viewing this thread