5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DashCam Install

kcrich.cgy

Reaction score
Security guy, where did you wire the constant and switched 12V wiring for the dash cam?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
On a biz trip through Friday but will take a pic of the fuse panel below the steering column where I fuse tapped battery and accessory fuses to power my Power Magic Pro interface.

Rammac

Reaction score
Pumping this older post, but I am having problems getting my rear view mirror plastic covers off my 2019 Ram Limited. I got the smaller middle section off just fine, but I was unsure how the larger piece comes off. Rather than being forceful and breaking it, I figured I would ask here as it appears many people have done it. I am mirror tapping my radar detector for reference.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Look at the bottom right of the large plastic piece and if you look slightly higher against the windshield you will see a notch where you insert a screwdriver of trim removal tool. Just twist and it pops right out!

klevrgrafix

Reaction score
Just completed the hard wired installation of my BlackVue DR750S dash camera and my Uniden R3 radar detector. Everything came apart easily and I took my time to make this install as factory as possible. I have the dash cam connected into a Power Magic Pro for use in Parking Mode. The radar detector runs off the accessory lead on the fuse panel behind the steering column. Let me know your thoughts!

View attachment 18382 View attachment 18383 View attachment 18384 View attachment 18385 View attachment 18386 View attachment 18387 View attachment 18388 View attachment 18389
Do you have a link for the mount you purchased for your R3? I'm looking to do exactly what you did for my camera and radar detector. Thanks for the photos!

Users who are viewing this thread