5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dashboard fit and finish problem?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi Bowdown,

So I received the new clips today and, unfortunately they are not the right fit. I was hopeful as I couldn't find anything else even remotely close. They would probably work if they were just a little bigger. I was however able to rig the broken clips to somewhat work. Although it does bother me knowing I rigged broken clips to fix the dash in my brand new (ridiculous amount of $$$) truck. But I guess it is what it is. Congrats Bill S on the new dash. It looks great. If I had the same issue, I definitely would have let them replace it. I was just too nervous to let them replace the whole dash over one easily removal (and fixable) part. I've attached the QR codes from my cluster hood assembly. I was not able to find anything with them, but maybe they can help someone else. It makes no sense that you can't just get a new cluster hood assembly when it has it's own part #. Bowdown, thanks again for your help.
Yeah I had a scratch on the leather on my cluster hood and they replaced my whole dash because of that.

Caulk Boss

Reaction score
Just picked up my 19 Longhorn.. and the left side of my hood is doing the exact same thing.. I have 31k miles so still under the 3 yr 36k warranty.. I guess I'll be going to the dodge dealership.. I've had this truck for 5 days.. didn't notice this till today when I got in it.. pretty bad on the left side bending upwards

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just picked up my 19 Longhorn.. and the left side of my hood is doing the exact same thing.. I have 31k miles so still under the 3 yr 36k warranty.. I guess I'll be going to the dodge dealership.. I've had this truck for 5 days.. didn't notice this till today when I got in it.. pretty bad on the left side bending upwards
Pics would bet nice

Mortal

Reaction score
My entire dash was replaced for the same issue last year. The only issue was that after replacement they also needed to replace the center speaker cover due to a rattle.

Users who are viewing this thread