5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dashboard fit and finish problem?

jbsbama

Reaction score
Has anybody else had an issue with these corners above the instrument panel of the dashboard popping out of place or prying up? Mine is pulling up so far that I can see the wiring and components underneath. I've tried pushing it back down pretty aggressively thinking that maybe there were clips or something that hold it down. But there doesn't appear to be such a thing holding it down. Mine is actually pulling up on the left side contrary to this pick I've attached.

My truck is a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited w/Black Appearance

1591896325645.png

Miskeeter

Reaction score
My longhorn had the leather on the back of the cluster bump pop out. My dealer had to replace the entire dash. I spoke to the technician who spent roughly 12 hours or more to do. He said it was one of the most painstaking repairs that he had ever completed. When all was said and done, he did a great job. Only missed one or the ambient lights in the dash which they fixed on another visit. Good luck.
Bonus: the truck smelled like brand new leather when he was done.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No issue with that but my whole dash has been replaced too as they scratched my dash Leather in a spot when they replaced my headliner

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
With Tesla siphoning out M3 resembles insane 5k/wk to now 7k+/wk, how's the nature of new form outs of new proprietors? My unique M3 (4 1/2 mo. prior had 15+ issues, sent to support focus to address 9 fundamental issues upon new vehicle conveyance needed to dismiss at this cost point bc it just felt unsuitable at the $64k cost tag. Simply inquisitive, bless your heart. At the point when I take a gander at all the M3's stopped in SoCal, I would state 50/50 on low quality form and great form quality. Any second thoughts on tolerating? OK have stood by longer for Tesla to hit their notch of fabricate outs? Much thanks to you for time all!
o_Oo_Oo_O

Dman2983

Reaction score
Has anybody else had an issue with these corners above the instrument panel of the dashboard popping out of place or prying up? Mine is pulling up so far that I can see the wiring and components underneath. I've tried pushing it back down pretty aggressively thinking that maybe there were clips or something that hold it down. But there doesn't appear to be such a thing holding it down. Mine is actually pulling up on the left side contrary to this pick I've attached.

View attachment 58784
Jbsbama, did you end up getting this fixed? If so, did they replace the dash or were they just able to secure that area down? I have this same issue on the same side as you on my limited that I bought only 3 weeks ago.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Jbsbama, did you end up getting this fixed? If so, did they replace the dash or were they just able to secure that area down? I have this same issue on the same side as you on my limited that I bought only 3 weeks ago.
I am 100% sure to fix that they will replace the whole dash.

Dman2983

Reaction score
I am 100% sure to fix that they will replace the whole dash.
Yeah that's what I'm afraid of. Has anyone on here that had their dashboard replaced had any issues afterwards? I'm very much concerned that the replacement fit will not be the same. I'm also worried there will be random creaks, squeaks, and rattles after they replace it.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I'm afraid of. Has anyone on here that had their dashboard replaced had any issues afterwards? I'm very much concerned that the replacement fit will not be the same. I'm also worried there will be random creaks, squeaks, and rattles after they replace it.
My dashboard has been replaced due to another issue and I have no complaints and it was over a year ago that it was replaced.

jbsbama

Reaction score
No I just left it alone. It’s just annoying to look at. Haven’t had a chance to fool with it.

BowDown

Reaction score

View attachment 58784

Mine was like that but on the left side. I took the dash guage "hat" off, its 4 clips and pulls right up, then took a heat gun an slowly heated the left corner and bent it until it lined up the way i wanted. Hast been an issue since, took about 10 minutes.
I don't see why a dash would need to be replaced for ths

Dman2983

Reaction score
Mine was like that but on the left side. I took the dash guage "hat" off, its 4 clips and pulls right up, then took a heat gun an slowly heated the left corner and bent it until it lined up the way i wanted. Hast been an issue since, took about 10 minutes.
That's great to hear. I'm hoping the dealership will attempt this type of repair. You know, just in case things go wrong, they're liable. Thanks for your reply.

Dman2983

Reaction score
No I just left it alone. It’s just annoying to look at. Haven’t had a chance to fool with it.
Yeah I was thinking about trying to ignore it, but it's right there staring at me every time I sit in the driver's seat! I can't do it. It's got to be fixed somehow. Thanks for your reply.

jbsbama

Reaction score
So did you just gently pull up on it to a certain point then unclip it? Or did you just give it a yank? Any guidance or advice? Start at the back/front? etc.

Thanks for your post!

Dave_Drums

Reaction score
I

View attachment 58784
I have the same truck and noticed the same thing the 2nd night of having it. Mine is on the left side but the same panel.

RSConsulting

Reaction score
My entire leather dash is delaminating, along with the plastic part by the 12V port in the center.

I'l get unlazy enough to get it to the dealer - let them open a STAR case - order the dashboard - find a tech that can replace it without destroying the rest of the interior - and find me a loaner.

It's annoying, but not nearly as much as the annoyance that's going to start when I open a ticket on it.

Rick

BowDown

Reaction score
So did you just gently pull up on it to a certain point then unclip it? Or did you just give it a yank? Any guidance or advice? Start at the back/front? etc.

Thanks for your post!

Just gently pull it up and work your way around, no tools.
I started on the corner, either left or right then gently pry it up and work your way all the way around . Theres 3 clips on the front near the windshield but once you get it going, you'll see.

20201002_140329.jpg

20201002_140320.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread