5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dashboard 12v Accessory (Cigarette lighter)

misterjodah

Reaction score
Hey guys! Great site and forum. I have a 2019 Big Horn in Delmonico Red. Definitely taking some getting used to from my 2016 Big Horn. Not disappointed, but not 100% in love yet either. Any way, this is my first post....

I attempted to used the 12v socket (the only one) today. It’s dead. I referred to the manual (useless) to try to locate the fuse. For the life of me, I couldn’t find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

misterjodah

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies, guys. Fuse is good. No power at the outlet.... USB power works fine throughout.

Attachments

• 17B657EB-1DDA-41C3-ACA8-9BF8F1BB3383.jpeg
    17B657EB-1DDA-41C3-ACA8-9BF8F1BB3383.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 200

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ahhh, well it seems like there's a bigger issue goin on then. If you pull the pad next to that outlet, you'll see two screws in the tray. Pull those and then you can pull the trim out and see if the outlet is connected and getting power at the plug. (Or you can have the dealer do all this)

misterjodah

Reaction score
Ahhh, well it seems like there's a bigger issue goin on then. If you pull the pad next to that outlet, you'll see two screws in the tray. Pull those and then you can pull the trim out and see if the outlet is connected and getting power at the plug. (Or you can have the dealer do all this)
Thank you! I pulled the pad and unscrewed, but think I’ll have the dealer do it.....unfamiliar with removing that trim and last thing I need to do is snap it.

Rmui4305

Reaction score
So it’s not just me, there actually just only cigarette outlet. I thought I wasn’t looking hard enough o_O

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So it’s not just me, there actually just only cigarette outlet. I thought I wasn’t looking hard enough o_O

Yes only 1 so I hardwired one into my under dash fuse panel. You can see it in my thread post # 28.

Ramnation

Reaction score
I had mine live and it suddenly died. Anyone experienced this before? I checked f54 a and b with no luck and also checked the connection in the back

WilburNJ

Reaction score
Correct. This plug isn’t hot ever....
Mine is (or was) always hot, unlike what the manual says. The cap showed the battery symbol, which means it’s always on. The cap in the manual shows a key symbol (indicating that it switches on with the key). Anyway, the fuse can be shifted to be switched or always hot. I moved mine to switched because I plug my dash cam into it and don’t want it recording nothing while I’m parked. (It has a batter or capacitor to record when the truck is jarred.)

Last edited:

RamCares

Reaction score
I had mine live and it suddenly died. Anyone experienced this before? I checked f54 a and b with no luck and also checked the connection in the back

Sorry to hear this, Ramnation. If you are not able to determine a solution with the suggestions provided here, we kindly recommend following up with your local dealer for further support.

Mark
RamCares

Ramnation

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, Ramnation. If you are not able to determine a solution with the suggestions provided here, we kindly recommend following up with your local dealer for further support.

Mark
RamCares
As stupid as this sounds it was a cr2032 battery that had fallen in ! I found this out when I tested it with another socket. Problem solved!

RamCares

Reaction score
As stupid as this sounds it was a cr2032 battery that had fallen in ! I found this out when I tested it with another socket. Problem solved!

At the end of the day, just happy to hear the concern is gone! Should you ever need any additional assistance down the road, our team is always just a private message away.

Mark
RamCares

Ram 1501

Reaction score
Mine is (or was) always hot, unlike what the manual says. The cap showed the battery symbol, which means it’s always on. The cap in the manual shows a key symbol (indicating that it switches on with the key). Anyway, the fuse can be shifted to be switched or always hot. I moved mine to switched because I plug my dash cam into it and don’t want it recording nothing while I’m parked. (It has a batter or capacitor to record when the truck is jarred.)
Hi! I have the same problem with my dash cam and unplugging it every time and putting it back on is horrible. How did you manage to get yours not hot when truck is off??

WilburNJ

Reaction score
Hi! I have the same problem with my dash cam and unplugging it every time and putting it back on is horrible. How did you manage to get yours not hot when truck is off??
The fuse box allows you to change it from always hot to switched with the ignition. Here’s the info from the manual.

Attachments

• 3F196DA6-2BCC-4D27-822A-144C4A1A081B.jpeg
    3F196DA6-2BCC-4D27-822A-144C4A1A081B.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 188

Users who are viewing this thread