5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dash cam?

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably covered elsewhere, but wondering if anybody’s got a dash cam that is motion sensitive? Would like to leave it on when at the dealer...

Otherwise, if you like yours and would recommend it, which one is it?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I am a huge Blackvue fan and mine has motion sensing when in parking mode. However, please realize that a dashcam will only work for about two days, at most, until the low voltage protector shuts it down to protect the vehicles battery. I know a TON about dash cams and have been installing them for years. If you want to PM me, I'll share my cell and we can talk if you like.

www.thedashcamstore.com

www.blackboxmycar.com

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We have old Vantrue X3's that have motion detection in our cars/trucks. One did crap out last year due to being left in the FL heat we believe. Now, for some reason :unsure: ...I'm looking at these Blackvues mentioned for if/when the other two fail. Regardless, our next units will be capacitor instead of battery for sure.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Look at the new Blackvue DR750X. I just bought mine a few weeks ago and posted pics of my install. It now has the Power Magic Pro circuitry for Parking Mode built-in to the camera so you can just hook the camera directly up to the fuse panel like I did and not have to worry about the secondary power module. If you do decide to purchase a dash cam, do NOT buy their memory card. They are MUCH cheaper on Amazon. I use the 256GB Samsung Class 10 cards in all of my dash cams.

Maconi

Reaction score
Probably covered elsewhere, but wondering if anybody’s got a dash cam that is motion sensitive? Would like to leave it on when at the dealer...

Otherwise, if you like yours and would recommend it, which one is it?

Just FYI, most dealers will disconnect dash cams if you're leaving the vehicle there for service (not just RAM, but most dealer brands).

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think the heat has finally affected the Vantrue (It's old) we were using in the Ram. It started having problems powering on and would just shut off without powering down while driving every once in awhile. I'm sure the battery is shot but all the power connections were tight so I dunno. After the glass incident I want something new and/or more reliable, so we just ordered the Blackvue DR750X and It'll be here on the 31st. I like the specs.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I think the heat has finally affected the Vantrue (It's old) we were using in the Ram. It started having problems powering on and would just shut off without powering down while driving every once in awhile. I'm sure the battery is shot but all the power connections were tight so I dunno. After the glass incident I want something new and/or more reliable, so we just ordered the Blackvue DR750X and It'll be here on the 31st. I like the specs.
You'll be very happy with your DR750X...if you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I'll help any way that I can.

Users who are viewing this thread