5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dash cam recommendations

reigninslayer

Reaction score
Curious if anyone is using a dash cam in there new ‘19 Ram? Looking for recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Curious if anyone is using a dash cam in there new ‘19 Ram? Looking for recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do a little searching and I think you will find a few posts on the subject and what others have done.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a Viofo A119 Pro and really like it. You need the polarized filter though if you’re going to get it otherwise there is way too much glare driving in the sun. Not sure why they don’t just include it. A lot of people also go with the Blackvue camera as another option.

Camera:

Filter:

Last edited:

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sadly I have yet to get around to doing this on my Ram, but my Accord I have a BlackVue front and rear camera. I also had that on my last Ram and it readily paid for itself.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

The search function is your friend but here you go.....suggest you read the entire thread ;)

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The search function is your friend but here you go.....suggest you read the entire thread ;)

I need to update that first post - I've since switched to the A129 dual cam setup and love it.

heydre

Reaction score
I've seen some good reviews on the Vantrue N2 Pro.

Nwono

Reaction score
I have the z-edge z3 and I’m on my 2nd one(free replacement from amazon)the first one lasted about a year(possibly sun damage) my wife’s also started acting up after a while. But as far as picture quality it’s pretty good. For $100 its not bad but I believe there are better options out there.

mch

Reaction score
I was happy with the Z-Edge also when I had a Nissan Frontier, but I really need to find a good mirror mount because the windshield get's way too hot in Las Vegas. There isn't a lot of space to install a mount on the rear view mirror arm, That sensor box is pretty close to the mirror housing.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have the z-edge z3 and I’m on my 2nd one(free replacement from amazon)the first one lasted about a year(possibly sun damage) my wife’s also started acting up after a while. But as far as picture quality it’s pretty good. For $100 its not bad but I believe there are better options out there.

If I had your experience, I'd be looking at other options. You can get a great quality Blackvue DR590W for only $160. For those on a cheap budget, the VIOFO A119 V2 for $90 is also a solid choice.

www.thedashcamstore.com

www.blackboxmycar.com

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was happy with the Z-Edge also when I had a Nissan Frontier, but I really need to find a good mirror mount because the windshield get's way too hot in Las Vegas. There isn't a lot of space to install a mount on the rear view mirror arm, That sensor box is pretty close to the mirror housing.

www.blendmount.com

Reactions: mch

Nwono

Reaction score
If/when my Z3 craps out ill get something else. When my wife's started bugging out she got one at Walmart for $40 with WiFi/phone app compatibility which isn't bad. I was looking into the OWL cameras but they are pricey and have a monthly subscription.
If I had your experience, I'd be looking at other options. You can get a great quality Blackvue DR590W for only $160. For those on a cheap budget, the VIOFO A119 V2 for $90 is also a solid choice.

www.thedashcamstore.com

www.blackboxmycar.com

b1pig

Reaction score
i've had several low-cost cameras.... they all stopped working or repeatedly freeze up. I've got two Kenwood cameras. $100 and very reliable with gps speed built in. front view only.... but they've worked great. no complaints.

Users who are viewing this thread