5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cylinder deactivation? 5.7

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
You wouldn't happen to know how to get the current gear to always stay visible, without having to use the +/- buttons?
It's a setting on the center stack, not UConnect. It is off by default. You have to hunt for it and change the setting (just click on the gears and you can change it from there).

Cheers,

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not aware of this, no. How do I get the current gear to show up, without using the +/- buttons? I looked everywhere in my dash options, as well as my uconnect settings, can't seem to find it.
It's in the Screen Setup (Option 10 on my Limited).

Just enable it and you'll be able to see which gear the transmission is in. I enabled it soon after getting the truck as I find the information interesting.

Last edited:

Barney556180

Reaction score
You wouldn't happen to know how to get the current gear to always stay visible, without having to use the +/- buttons?

Turn on gear numbers in Instrument Cluster Screen Setup.
- Use left Up/Down buttons to Screen Setup.
- Press OK and navigate to Current Gear.
6f89340b5b27711b5d596a72a334ebf1.jpg

da8ca1cc804b8138fe64e86713e12705.jpg

c181025ae50f8821aabdb18a76e13c25.jpg

Last edited:

Sfoster0717

Reaction score
I feel a slight vibration every time MDS is active, through the steering wheel. I turn it off as described above. Just wish there was a permanent no cost user defeat.
I also notice this vibration it makes my heat shield on my exhaust rattle. Pretty embarrassing when you have passengers in the truck who are ford and chevy fans.

airgas1998

Reaction score
so we have no tuners that have mastered the mds delete after all of these years. the link above only goes to 2011 its like they gave up on the hemi...

RamSco

Reaction score
I as well dislike this feature, I just put a flow master catbsck exhaust on and when it activates there is a terrible drone
With you there, brother. I have the Flowmaster and it sound horrible when MDS kicks on. Sounds great otherwise.

RamSco

Reaction score
It also makes it shift sportier and turns of the eng off Etourqe feature
I started out using tow/haul mode but then the truck does some unnecessary downshifting when braking or coasting toward a stop. So the +/- option is still better IMO.

TAL2GK

Reaction score
Any reports how this has affected reliability of the 5.7? Obviously it has for GM's version. I also see that Ford is finally going to be on board with 2021 on the Coyote.

GregHBNA

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
WOW! How did you dig up this thread from over a year ago? It must have been at the list. LOL

Who'd want a Coyote and its excessive oil consumption and its plasma arc technology cylinder linings?

Any reports how this has affected reliability of the 5.7? Obviously it has for GM's version. I also see that Ford is finally going to be on board with 2021 on the Coyote.

Stan&Donna

Reaction score
Its definitely annoying as f***! Turned it off everytime I put the truck in "D".

Who wants a V8 running in 4 cylinder mode? Buy yourself a Colorado or Canyon.
Only time my OEC light comes on is when I'm sitting at a red light

Users who are viewing this thread