5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CV, ball joint and tie rod angles.

19RebelZ

Reaction score
I’m gonna ask a dumb question, but is there any potential harm by being proactive and swapping out the uca’s With the 2” Mopar uca’s while deciding on whether to just level, or add a little bit of a lift front and rear. At $47 a piece thinking about ordering, hard to pass up

Redrider

Reaction score
Seems to me, that if your gonna change out the uca’s and then do a alignment, you might as well do the spacers, unless your gonna take a chance on not doing the alignment. I’m wondering how these Mopar uca’s will hold up. I’m considering getting them for when I level out my truck, I’m not gonna do much off road, I just like the leveled look.

19RebelZ

Reaction score
Seems to me, that if your gonna change out the uca’s and then do a alignment, you might as well do the spacers, unless your gonna take a chance on not doing the alignment. I’m wondering how these Mopar uca’s will hold up. I’m considering getting them for when I level out my truck, I’m not gonna do much off road, I just like the leveled look.
Pretty much the same here. There’s products out now, but I am wanting to see what new products come out. Personally I’d love to get my truck at powerwagon stance. Just waiting to see what my options are

bradster285

Reaction score
for anyone reading this looking for the different UCA's. If someone with the
ome before and after pics.
Assuming you didn’t replace them when you did the lift? The Mopar replacement arms are $47/ea (what Mopar uses for their 2” lift kit), or the Ready Lift arms $350ish.

Any update on how the truck is running with the mopar UCA's and the 2.5" level? Thinking about doing it to my Rebel but don't want to blow anything

Tac747

Reaction score
I might be getting confused, and let me know if I am wrong... If you can purchase the Mopar 2 inch lift UCAs (just the UCAs) for around $100 for the pair plus go out and buy for example a Motofab strut extension for $75. That $175 is not even in the same ball park as the full Mopar 2 inch kit valued over $1,000. Why wouldn’t every one just do the $175 option that is cheaper than the Mopar full kit, Ready Lift, and other brands with aftermarket UCAs?
Because approximately 75% of the cost for the mopar kit comes from the FOX shocks, which in my opinion are worth the cost.

Cmoar

Reaction score
Any update on how the truck is running with the mopar UCA's and the 2.5" level? Thinking about doing it to my Rebel but don't want to blow anything
I’ve been off-road through muddy fields hunting in Kansas for a week, which required 4wd (and a couple of times a prayer) while hunting. Also been through our local WMA in Tahlequah more times than I can count. Which is steep rocky hills, then down to a creek crossing. Definitely tests the suspension out there. Thankfully, all with no issues.

Ggcnash

Reaction score
I’ve been off-road through muddy fields hunting in Kansas for a week, which required 4wd (and a couple of times a prayer) while hunting. Also been through our local WMA in Tahlequah more times than I can count. Which is steep rocky hills, then down to a creek crossing. Definitely tests the suspension out there. Thankfully, all with no issues.
Good to hear bro, got the same uca's and spacers gonna install next weekend, I have a Laramie crew with offroad package, did you say you would have went with a 2" spacer over the 2.5" if you had it to do over again?

Txy

Reaction score
Here are before (1st 3 pics) and after pics (last 3). It looks good to me, but in hindsight I probably would have gone with a 2” so there was a little rake for my camper/trailer.
Are you able to confirm that the mopar uca's are any different from the stock uca's? I honestly can't tell the difference. The ball joint angles look the same and they are both made of plastic...?

Thanks.

JasonB

Reaction score
Are you able to confirm that the mopar uca's are any different from the stock uca's? I honestly can't tell the difference. The ball joint angles look the same and they are both made of plastic...?

Thanks.

I read in another post that the UCAs that come in the mopar lift kit have more travel in the ball joint but the shape of the UCA is the same

Cmoar

Reaction score

Thanks.

The service manager at my dealership told me they have a larger travel than the stock ones. I figured it was worth the money just to argue I used there parts if anything went wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cmoar

Reaction score
Good to hear bro, got the same uca's and spacers gonna install next weekend, I have a Laramie crew with offroad package, did you say you would have went with a 2" spacer over the 2.5" if you had it to do over again?

Ya, I would have liked a little bit of rake, but I installed air helper bags since then and it works better for towing than if I had gone with the 2”. I also think perfectly level looks better, so if you tow, bags are the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For anyone looking to level their truck I have taken some photos of the crucial components and what the angles look like at various heights. The truck right now is a completely stock 4x4 without the offroad package or any other factory lift. I added photos showing the everything at full droop, after leveling if you have angles that look similar to the full droop photos you got some serious issues ahead. Hopefully this is helpful for anyone getting ready to do a level. I can see why you want to replace the upper control arm for even as little as a 2 inch.
I know this is old but very helpful pictures. this is what I was looking for. thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/