5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

laflu01

Reaction score
I just wanted to get other peoples opinions on my situation. I went to a highly rated custom shop for a lift, wheels, and tires. Selected everything I wanted and got a call to schedule when everything arrived. Scheduled two and a half weeks from when they called me; service was scheduled for a Thursday and Friday. Dropped my truck off on a Thursday (I’m off Thursday’s and Friday’s) and should be done by Friday. Got to friday about an hour before they closed so I called and spoke to the service manager and was told it wasn’t going to be finished and that he would go in on Saturday and have it done by noon on Saturday. I get off at 3 on Saturday and never got a call so I called and it went to voicemail so I left a message on their Facebook. Got a call from the owner saying a part in the lift kit was wrong so they would request on Monday that the part be overnighted so they can finish on Tuesday. Gets to today (Monday) at 3 and haven’t heard anything so I message the owner. Get a call from the service manager saying they have to buy a whole new kit for the one part and should be finished on Wednesday. It’s been hell between my wife and I sharing one car getting us to work and back home cause we work at different places and different shifts. How would you feel and approach the shop in this situation?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It happens. I sale parts and manufacturers screw up all the time. This causes issues with installations. I've been on both ends.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just wanted to get other peoples opinions on my situation. I went to a highly rated custom shop for a lift, wheels, and tires. Selected everything I wanted and got a call to schedule when everything arrived. Scheduled two and a half weeks from when they called me; service was scheduled for a Thursday and Friday. Dropped my truck off on a Thursday (I’m off Thursday’s and Friday’s) and should be done by Friday. Got to friday about an hour before they closed so I called and spoke to the service manager and was told it wasn’t going to be finished and that he would go in on Saturday and have it done by noon on Saturday. I get off at 3 on Saturday and never got a call so I called and it went to voicemail so I left a message on their Facebook. Got a call from the owner saying a part in the lift kit was wrong so they would request on Monday that the part be overnighted so they can finish on Tuesday. Gets to today (Monday) at 3 and haven’t heard anything so I message the owner. Get a call from the service manager saying they have to buy a whole new kit for the one part and should be finished on Wednesday. It’s been hell between my wife and I sharing one car getting us to work and back home cause we work at different places and different shifts. How would you feel and approach the shop in this situation?
They will just blame COVID.

Mirowpl

Reaction score
Of course they blame COVID....just lIke they have been blaming COVID for my tailgate not being fixed since early Jan. I have Been riding around without a tailgate since Jan 7. But supposedly, it is fixed and I have an appointment tomorrow at 8 am to Install it, thanks to RamCares.

laflu01

Reaction score
It happens. I sale parts and manufacturers screw up all the time. This causes issues with installations. I've been on both ends.

My problem is that my kit was at the shop 2 and a half weeks before my scheduled service. They should have checked if all parts were correct. And it keeps taking me to contact them to find out something else is wrong.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ask for a discount. It was a major inconvenience for you and your wife to work around their delays. Any honest business person should respect that and make it right.

vincentw56

Reaction score
My problem is that my kit was at the shop 2 and a half weeks before my scheduled service. They should have checked if all parts were correct. And it keeps taking me to contact them to find out something else is wrong.
I agree 100%. See if they will give a discount like some one said above.

DSN46

Reaction score
Companies will, indeed sometimes ship a kit with missing or wrong parts... it happens. However, what is inexcusable is a shop that the customer has to go around chasing after to get information. Unresponsive shops, construction companies, car dealerships, etc. always receive a thrashing from me when I get start getting played around with. I'm not interested in "everyone" in the shop.... I just go after the one individual who is responsible for my grief. I feel bad you are dealing with this at this time. They might make it right with you by knocking off some of the price, or they may tell you go pound sand. I wish you luck.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My spidey senses go up here...how does a reputable highly rated shop stay in possession of a TRUCK and not see fit to recognize that according to schedule it shouldn't still be there...and then not call the owner just ONCE over the week to discuss the delays and what is going on?

laflu01

Reaction score
My spidey senses go up here...how does a reputable highly rated shop stay in possession of a TRUCK and not see fit to recognize that according to schedule it shouldn't still be there...and then not call the owner just ONCE over the week to discuss the delays and what is going on?
That’s my frustration. I’ve kept my cool and I’m hoping with that will come a good discount.

Quint

Reaction score
It's a fine line to walk. Was it their fault? Not necessarily. Did they handle it well? Probably not. It was certainly inconvenient for you and they should recognize that.

"Highly rated shop...." That's just online opinions I assume. It is the exception versus the rule to find an auto shop that understands customer service. It reminds of the old saying about cornerbacks just being wide receivers who can't catch. Auto shops are just service providers who are bad at customer service.

I hope that they get it done and offer to make it right. It's the kind of situation where they should do the work at cost (not lose money) and/or offer something else - like a smokin' deal an some other upgrade that you want where they can prove that they are a quality operation.

laflu01

Reaction score
Update: my compensation was a free hat 😂😂😂

it is what it is though and I’m just happy to have my truck back and happy with the way it turned out.

Attachments

• 0E875C27-2AD0-45C1-BECF-5ABAED787364.jpeg
    0E875C27-2AD0-45C1-BECF-5ABAED787364.jpeg
    283.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 5438BF99-25D3-45FA-B42D-E711F4A1C2C9.jpeg
    5438BF99-25D3-45FA-B42D-E711F4A1C2C9.jpeg
    280 KB · Views: 28
  • 67B50C5D-1E28-4232-AF98-87D5BE1050F3.jpeg
    67B50C5D-1E28-4232-AF98-87D5BE1050F3.jpeg
    246.3 KB · Views: 28
  • AAFB38C4-DC30-417D-8589-57E8B0552A2D.jpeg
    AAFB38C4-DC30-417D-8589-57E8B0552A2D.jpeg
    206 KB · Views: 28

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update: my compensation was a free hat 😂😂😂

it is what it is though and I’m just happy to have my truck back and happy with the way it turned out.
A hat???...lmao. Glad the final product was what you wanted......that's all that matters in the end.

Looks awesome BTW.

BowDown

Reaction score

Get use to it.
Anytime you modify a vehicle at a custom shop, never believe the completion date. Shops take in far more work than they can finish in a given time and some even use your job to finance the previous job. They do this to capture as much work as they can then once your vehicle is disassembled, they have you.
My race car friends and I have a running joke when asked about completion time for their car, 2 weeks, 2 more weeks no matter what the shop says

Hey, your car still in the shop?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread