5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Curious to hear everyones thoughts on their 2019 Rams so far

So far has your experience been:

• Positive

Votes: 23 100.0%
  • Neutral

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Negative

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

alow

Reaction score
I dont get to log all the miles you guys do but I've been able to spend more time in it recently and heres what I've got so far.

Its a pleasure to drive, I think up reasons to go get in my truck and go somewhere.

The features are fantastic, the phone sync is effortless and I like the amount of options available.

The cabin is very quiet which probably isnt a big deal if you live further out but I'm very close to the city and its very nice to get some peace and quiet.

Its very comfortable and spacious, Ive been busted twice just sitting in my truck not doing much. Even though I've got a lower trim its not hard plastic evverywhere which I appreciate. I recently got two kids in gigantic car seats and three adults in without any problem.

I've found myself trying to catch the tailgate and being pleased when it doesnt just randomly slam down.

The panoramic sunroof is a great feature and money well spent.

The amount of storage is insane. My old truck was full of stuff or seemed to be and this one has storage for everything. I havent even used half of it.

I really like the customizability (triple word score) of the dashboard. Its great putting things I dont care about on the back burner and having all the stuff I care about displayed.

Considering I've been doing mostly city and towing the MPG is pretty good.

The back up camera makes towing hook up incredibly simple. All I had to do was drop the trailer on the hitch without a ground guide or a bunch of checks. I could also check the trailer while driving to make sure I was good around corners.

I like the value. I was able to customize the crap out of this thing and the charge wasnt bad. My dealer experience was great and the price was surprisingly good.

I loved that I could customize the color. I've just taken things off the lot for so long ordering a custom color that I love is great and cost me no more than anything else. I catch myself looking at it for no reason.

-Things I would change.

I'd have liked to have had the wall outlets in mine. Especially as it seems they are added now. I'm working on seeing what we can do about that

I'd have liked a few other features like 6'4 bed ram boxes to have been available when I ordered but in fairness I could have waited. I would have also liked it if there was a better explanation of what was and was not available for the different trims. The website didnt reflect the things my dealer could order so I had to change some stuff up at the last minute. Wasnt terrible but it kind of threw me to need to figure things out while ordering.

I'd like it if the MOTS system worked. It clearly does as I can pay to do it elsewhere but why not from the manufacturer? Small gripe but hey, were listing them.

I'd have liked MPG numbers on the e-torque and some test trucks available when I ordered. I'm not sure I would have changed it and etorque numbers are about what I figured based on the pentastar numbers released but it would have been nice to have them before ordering and to haev been able to test drive one and see if I wanted to wait. Again, first world problems of an early adopter but just would have liked it.

I'd like to have one good price from the factory for the lifetime warranty instead of having to price shop across the country. Small complaint again.

Overall I love my truck and my gripes are small gripes. Knock wood, I havent had the issues Ive heard of and I'd like to think they are largely worked out.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My wife and I both absolutely love driving the truck. Description in my signature. Even with the lift it still rides well. Performance and handling is what I hoped it would be. The truck has around 1,500 miles on it and now that I am use to the functions and using them I am very comfortable with them and appreciate all this truck has to offer. I am also use to the e-torque now as well. Overall this truck is what I hoped it would be. It does, however, have a few of the drawbacks others have mentioned such as the following:
The rpm and speedometer gauges in the instrument cluster do have the background lighting differences others have mentioned. The middle of the two gauges are lit somewhat brighter than the outer edges, however, honestly, I probably wouldn’t have given it a second thought if not for this forum. It doesn’t bother me. Second, the accent lighting over the upper glovebox is brighter towards the right edge as mentioned elsewhere on this forum. This does not bother me either as I believe that is how it should be. I wouldn’t want accent lighting to light the entire top of the upper glovebox, that would be too much. I like it as it is because it just lights up over the “Laramie Longhorn” logo that is branded into the glovebox and I believe that is how it was meant to be. Really the only issue I have with any of the interior lighting is the RAM logo across the top of the instrument cluster. The “R” and the “M” are lit unevenly and if you have to sit lower in the seat the led light behind the “M” will actually shine into your eyes, fortunately, I am taller and sit higher in the seat. Also, not sure if it is an e-torque thing with the serpentine belt or the larger generator but there seems to be excessive under the hood noise while idling. You can not hear it from inside the cab but when you are outside the truck it just seems a little louder than maybe it should be? The only other very minor thing would be sometimes, very rarely, when I first start the truck to back out of the garage and then put it into drive, once the camera is off on the 12” screen it takes it a few minutes for it to display anything. It will just stay blank for awhile. Once again, for me these are really the only negatives and to me they are minor at that, nothing I’m taking it back for. The enjoyments and functions of the truck are really to much to list. I enjoy all the safety features, the pano roof, the 12”screen and all of it’s functions, exc. I guess bottom line is I know I bought a pickup truck and that is what it is, not a sports car or luxury sedan. For a 1/2 ton pickup truck, IMO, it has about as much luxury, options, and performance as I could want!

ryelinek

Reaction score
Dang I'm over averaging 11-13

Dear lord. Granted I’m not going by hand but what my system tells me but typically it’s about 18 in a fair amount of stop and go and also highway.

On my trip recently I was about 20 most of the time.

Do you have a massive lead foot? 11-13 just seems wrong.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The EVIC computer on my 2019 indicated 21.7 after 603.1 miles, and 20.97 hand calculated in very mixed and easy driving. No full throttle stuff. The first 200 miles or so the engine exhibited some throttle lag (tight motor) and the ECO light came on intermittently. The transmission is still learning.

Regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 000994 miles.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Overall I am pleased, have 1500 miles on it so far. I understand there will be first model year issues, but all I can ask of RAM is don't leave us early adopters out in the cold.

Pros:
Ride - I am driving on a cloud it seems, the seats are so comfortable and don't find myself squirming like every F-150 I had
Steering Wheel - Just has a good luxury feel to it
UConnect - Overall better than Ford Sync3 for NAV and the stereo IS much nicer than the B&O Ford put in in 2018 and better than the Sony of previous years
Leather - Interior is also more luxurious than the F-150 Platinum's I have owned.
Exterior Paint - Mine seems perfect, the 2018 F-150 I ordered had an embarrassing roof ditch seam and slung paint in the door jambs.
Engine - I am itching to try the Pedal Commander but these 3.92 gears and the Hemi seem pretty good. More power than the F-150 5.0 in my seat of the pants dyno :)

Cons:
The way RAM is handling the gauge lighting issue, and am still fighting it.
Handsfree calling - Randomly disconnects and reconnects while on call, stupid it doesn't transfer the call when truck shut off and driver door opens. Won't let me listen to music while on "private call" so my passengers have to listen to my conversation and truck is silent.
A/C - I would rate this as under performing. It's not horrible but just has so much potential to be better, others can do it why can't RAM.
Bass Rattle - If they really tested this then they felt this was acceptable and waited to hear pushback.
Accent Lighting Headlights - LED should be brighter
Ambient Lighting - Not really pleasing to the eye, and the glovebox gap makes it look cheap. Make it where we can adjust the level and color
Steering Column Boot - Cheap looking on the Limited
Adjustable Steering Column - Limited is still manual ? Cheap
CHMSL Cargo Lighting - Not LED ????
Wireless Charging - Works most of the time, but then for no reason will flash RED and I have a hard time getting it to start working again that trip.
UConnect remote access - Why so slow for the vehicle to receive the command? FordPass is much faster to respond.
UConnect Remote Access on my 2017 was super slow too. This is why I never continued to purchase it after the trial period. Its kinda junk

Users who are viewing this thread