5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crosswind noise at hiway speeds

cuda

Reaction score
experiencing both periodic " wind blowing in door jam" sound effect" and" lane assist warning sound" or "Morse code/teapot" beep in crosswind and 60mph+ with lane assist off or on. looking for resolution to assist dealership in remedy. Have seen in previous threads with this same issue to resolve by adjusting door jams, replacing windows and seals and Plugging holes in engineered surfaces. Is this a recall worthy issue? This truck is advertised the most quiet cab and most aerodynamic. Asking for help on resolution from RAM care as I'm contacting servicing dealer.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi Cuda, so sorry to read about your concerns! Are you going into your dealership soon? We are happy to connect you with a case manager to ensure everything is addressed while you are in for service. Feel free to send us a private message with your VIN if you are interested.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

Jvitale3

Reaction score
I’m having the same issue with my new ram 2019 laramie even my brother noticed there’s a lot air noise and I was only going 45mph

eyeguy

Reaction score
I have the crosswind noise also. Am going to have dealership add bed cab seal and see if that helps first. 2020 laramie built oct 19

RamCares

Reaction score
I’m having the same issue with my new ram 2019 laramie even my brother noticed there’s a lot air noise and I was only going 45mph

Hello Jvitale3,
Sorry to hear about the trouble you are experiencing. We recommend visiting your dealer at your earliest convenience to ensure that this concern is addressed. We are also available via private message if you would like any additional assistance during that process.
Laura
RamCares

eyeguy

Reaction score
Afraid the bed cab seal is not my issue with the wind noise. Got out a flashlight and looked down btw bed and cab and i have that seal that covers the middle 3/4 of bed cab area. Guessing my noise is coming from those vents behind the seat?

Skud

Reaction score
I think a lot of the issue is that probably compared to a lot of the vehicles the techs drive there isn’t much difference. For example, if you hop in a midrange Jeep Compass and then drive a “wind noise” 1500 there probably isn’t that much difference. Or not enough to be called a problem anyways.

I drove a 2019 base model classic 1500 and it was night and day difference. The classic felt and sounded solid. My 2019 “new” Limited sounds hollow and has tons of road/wind noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Granite2WD

Reaction score
One thing to note is the front windows are twice as thick as the rear ones. You can roll the window down and look at the top to see for yourself.

If you go through a car wash the sound difference is very apparent.

That being said, I also get the crosswind noise on the highway. Almost sounds like the wind is creating a pressure that is pushing or pulling on the window.

cuda

Reaction score
A simple test of a good seal between door and cab roof/windshield pillar would be to close a piece of paper in door seal and pull out paper. The paper comes out with door latched quite easy. If dealership cannot tighten, Would side window wind deflectors/visors help me from the crosswind noise? Dealership updated lane assist and i'm waiting for seal between cab and bed.

Patsy1099

Reaction score
Read this post

Jvitale3

Reaction score
Hello Jvitale3,
Sorry to hear about the trouble you are experiencing. We recommend visiting your dealer at your earliest convenience to ensure that this concern is addressed. We are also available via private message if you would like any additional assistance during that process.
Laura
RamCares
Hello Jvitale3,
Laura
RamCares
Yes I just got my truck back and they claim they can’t find any wind noise I drove it home and heard it right away let alone while I’m sitting at a light I can literally here the opposite side traffics going by as if my window was rolled down but they were all up taking it back when they have my new radio they are replacing

RamCares

Reaction score
Yes I just got my truck back and they claim they can’t find any wind noise I drove it home and heard it right away let alone while I’m sitting at a light I can literally here the opposite side traffics going by as if my window was rolled down but they were all up taking it back when they have my new radio they are replacing

Helloo Jvitale3,
As the customer care team we do rely on the diagnosis of the dealer. If you still believe that there is a concern with your vehicle, we recommend visiting a second dealer for another opinion. In the event that you do visit another dealer, please let us know beforehand. We can certainly have a case escalated for additional assistance.
Laura
RamCares

Ram’dit

Reaction score
A simple test of a good seal between door and cab roof/windshield pillar would be to close a piece of paper in door seal and pull out paper. The paper comes out with door latched quite easy. If dealership cannot tighten, Would side window wind deflectors/visors help me from the crosswind noise? Dealership updated lane assist and i'm waiting for seal between cab and bed.

What kind of update did they do for lane keep assist. I have a very loud wind noise that occurs at 85mph and higher with heavy winds. Have always thought it might be related to lane assist. Just curios.

Jvitale3

Reaction score
Helloo Jvitale3,
As the customer care team we do rely on the diagnosis of the dealer. If you still believe that there is a concern with your vehicle, we recommend visiting a second dealer for another opinion. In the event that you do visit another dealer, please let us know beforehand. We can certainly have a case escalated for additional assistance.
Laura
RamCares
I’m taking the truck back when they receive my new radio in a few days and they said they’ll schedule a ride along with me with their QC because they can tell I’m upset still..these things can’t be made up with a $56k Truck

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Helloo Jvitale3,
Laura
RamCares
I just did that having to drive 40 + miles away for a diagnostic. Tomorrow we will see if they fix as they will be replacing the seal on right rear door. Im hoping for the best. Time will tell.

RamCares

Reaction score
I just did that having to drive 40 + miles away for a diagnostic. Tomorrow we will see if they fix as they will be replacing the seal on right rear door. Im hoping for the best. Time will tell.

Hello RHCan,
Thank you for touching base with me here. Please keep me updated moving forward. If we can be of any assistance throughout this process, please do not hesitate reaching back out.
Laura
RamCares

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Laura
Got my truck back today. No longer hear the wind noise. Now I need to dynamat to block out the road noises etc I hear.
Shout out to Grapevine-Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep-Ram / Grapevine Tx for actually troubleshooting and repairing

RamCares

Reaction score
Laura
Got my truck back today. No longer hear the wind noise. Now I need to dynamat to block out the road noises etc I hear.
Shout out to Grapevine-Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep-Ram / Grapevine Tx for actually troubleshooting and repairing

Hello RHCan,
I am certainly happy to hear that your dealer was able to assist you with your concern. Please know our team is available in the future if you have any questions or concerns. We're happy to help.
Laura
RamCares

timtlu

Reaction score
Laura
Any details on what they did? I have both the "cracked window" noise at about 45+ and the "tea kettle" around 78 to 80 with a cross wind. Is there a TSB for either of these issues?

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They replaced rubber seal on right rear door.
Tech put tape over door seal and determined it was sealing properly

Users who are viewing this thread