5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cracked exhaust manifold

Bearded_Yeti

Reaction score
what exhaust did you replace it with?
I say "exhaust" but its really a muffler replace. I cut out the stock and replaced it with the Flowmaster Outlaw Direct Fit Muffler Part# 817846. It sounds really good! My neighbor has the Borla ATAK and if I am being honest, I prefer mine to his. Also a quarter of the cost. May do a resonator delete down the road. I have a 3 month old so I am worried about going too loud. Either way, it sounded like fixing the manifold leak made is sound cleaner. It may have also just been cause of the natural sound of the exhaust leak.

Backinblk

Reaction score
Great guess I need to get out and look. Mine started ticking quite loud the other day. I assumed broken bolts but with 38,000 this will be on my dime. Starting to hate my ram

Bearded_Yeti

Reaction score
Great guess I need to get out and look. Mine started ticking quite loud the other day. I assumed broken bolts but with 38,000 this will be on my dime. Starting to hate my ram

Broken bolts are pretty rare in the 5th gen. I wouldn’t be surprised if you had a cracked manifold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speedracernc

Reaction score
It will be covered under power train warranty.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Should be covered by your 60k powertrain warranty.

Saints

Reaction score
Just had mine replaced because the passenger side cracked.

Bearded_Yeti

Reaction score
Just had mine replaced because the passenger side cracked.

Same here! Replaced at 9500 miles. Also just had my first 3rd brake leak. Had to replace the gasket and silicone. Love my truck but damn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny5

Reaction score
I say "exhaust" but its really a muffler replace. I cut out the stock and replaced it with the Flowmaster Outlaw Direct Fit Muffler Part# 817846. It sounds really good! My neighbor has the Borla ATAK and if I am being honest, I prefer mine to his. Also a quarter of the cost. May do a resonator delete down the road. I have a 3 month old so I am worried about going too loud. Either way, it sounded like fixing the manifold leak made is sound cleaner. It may have also just been cause of the natural sound of the exhaust leak.
I've been looking into some exhaust options as well. I've seen a few guys on here and I've done a little looking at the b2 fabrication muffler/resonator delete with bigger tips and they sound great from the videos but I have heard them in person... Not sure if it helps but they seem like a reasonable option

WhiteZombie

Reaction score
I have the B2 oval muffler and resonator delete with their tips. There is a noticeable difference from resonator to no resonator and it sounds awesome!

aimlowrobin

Reaction score
My 2020 had a cracked pass side at 30k miles. 2 weeks after fixing, the driver side cracked. I traded it in this week with it still cracked.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
For those of you who have had it fixed under warranty, has an aftermarket muffler caused any trouble getting it covered? I have a carven muffler and I *think* my manifold is cracked but I’m worried they won’t cover it because Ram service is notorious for that.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
For those of you who have had it fixed under warranty, has an aftermarket muffler caused any trouble getting it covered? I have a carven muffler and I *think* my manifold is cracked but I’m worried they won’t cover it because Ram service is notorious for that.
You should be just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread