5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CPO 2019 1500 Laramie, some small issues

VandeWS

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I just moved from Belgium to the US, what do you do when you move to the US, that's right, buy a Ram!

We've had our truck for 3 weeks now, it's a 2019 1500 E-torque hemi with 36500 miles when we bought it. It is a certified truck, luckely, because in these three weeks I discovered several issues...

1) Right mirror is acting crazy when folding in, Dealer told me this is under warranty
2) Airdam came loose on one side, Dealer says it's not under warranty, I'm 100% that I didn't hit anything, but ok, probably my own fault for not inspecting the truck. I had faith in the CPO inspection.
3) Today I discovered that the wiring came loose from the rear power sliding window, the two rivets just broke of.

Does anyone have an idea if nr3 will be covered under the warranty?

We also bought an extended Mopar Maxcare, if it keeps going at this pace it was the right decision!

Besides all this, it's a wonderfull truck. I love the luxury, the sound, the feeling, everything. Had a first towing experience two weeks ago and it was just perfect.

tl,dr: I love the truck, but it feels like the CPO inspection didn't happen.

Derek916

Reaction score
My guess is 1 and 3 are covered. Two seems kind of hard since it’s bolted on or whatever. Just remove it entirely I hear it doesn’t make much of a difference anyways

VandeWS

Reaction score
My guess is 1 and 3 are covered. Two seems kind of hard since it’s bolted on or whatever. Just remove it entirely I hear it doesn’t make much of a difference anyways
Thanks! I will go to the dealer asap. I'll post what the outcome of nr 3 will be, in case anyone else ever has this problem.

U

User_3336

Where did you buy your MAX CARE from? Doesn't a CPO come with some kind of extended warranty?

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure most CPO warranties include bumper to bumper coverage for the first couple months. Usually somewhere around 3 months/ 3,000 miles.

VandeWS

Reaction score
Where did you buy your MAX CARE from? Doesn't a CPO come with some kind of extended warranty?
Yes, the CPO comes with 3months/3k extended warranty and 7/100k powertrain, but we got an extra extended Mopar Maximum care 8/100k, 100$ ded.

First the dealer sold us an extended warranty from CNA, but this one didn't cover mirrors (dealer guy said they only didn't cover the glass, but this wasn't specified in the contract, so who knows), also speakers weren't covered. Which the Mopar Maximum care does cover. Dealer kept pushing for the CNA warranty, which made the decision to go with the Mopar one even easier. We had 30 days to end the CNA one free of charge.

Ended up buying the Mopar one through www.jeepfactorywarranty.com

VandeWS

Reaction score
Hi all,

For anyone interested, here are some updates:
1) Right mirror is acting crazy when folding in, Dealer told me this is under warranty
This was fixed two days ago, working with the Dealer where I bought the truck was a major hassle, the only way I knew the parts were in was because of @RamCares. I called the service department multiple time to get an update, but they never calles. Salesperson told me "they don't just want to sell the truck, they want to earn our bussiness" Guess what, our bussiness will go to another dealer (which is way further) from now on.
2) Airdam came loose on one side, Dealer says it's not under warranty, I'm 100% that I didn't hit anything, but ok, probably my own fault for not inspecting the truck. I had faith in the CPO inspection.
Not covered under warranty, got charged 90$ to take a look for probably 5 mins and get told it needs to be replaced. When I asked if they could just remove it, all I got was a "nope, this is a very important part". Went home, took the air dam off myself and I'm not having any problems so far. I might buy a new one online myself and put it on ($350 instead of $700-$800). Yes, this was the dealer that sold us the vehicle.
3) Today I discovered that the wiring came loose from the rear power sliding window, the two rivets just broke of.
Car is going to our new dealer next Thursday to have it fixed under warranty.

2019Raven

Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck and sorry about the issues you are having. As for the Air Dam just leave it off. As others have said already it really makes no difference (that I have found) in MPG.

Welcome to the forum and RAM trucks.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi all,

For anyone interested, here are some updates:

This was fixed two days ago, working with the Dealer where I bought the truck was a major hassle, the only way I knew the parts were in was because of @RamCares. I called the service department multiple time to get an update, but they never calles. Salesperson told me "they don't just want to sell the truck, they want to earn our bussiness" Guess what, our bussiness will go to another dealer (which is way further) from now on.

Not covered under warranty, got charged 90$ to take a look for probably 5 mins and get told it needs to be replaced. When I asked if they could just remove it, all I got was a "nope, this is a very important part". Went home, took the air dam off myself and I'm not having any problems so far. I might buy a new one online myself and put it on ($350 instead of $700-$800). Yes, this was the dealer that sold us the vehicle.

Car is going to our new dealer next Thursday to have it fixed under warranty.
We're happy we could help. Please feel free to continue to reach out if you need it!

Callie
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread