5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Correct Tire Pressure?

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just leveled my 2021 Rebel and put a set of Toyo Open Country R/T Trail’s in LT295/70R18. 10 ply tire and load rating E. What tire pressure should I be running? The stock Duratrack’s were 55psi front and 45psi rear.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Your new tires are 1 inch taller than stock but both stock and your new tires are 10 ply. I'd probably stick with the recommended tire pressures of 55 front/45 rear.

Reverse

Reaction score
There are calculators online that will tell you what pressure to run with non-stock tires, baed on the stock tire numbers.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Tire pressure will vary based on the tires you are using. There is no one size fits all pressure, or any online calculator that can accurately tell you the correct pressure for your truck. Too many variable from tire construction, vehicle weight, driving style...... The best way is to do the chalk test to find what gives you an even contact patch

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tire pressure will vary based on the tires you are using. There is no one size fits all pressure, or any online calculator that can accurately tell you the correct pressure for your truck. Too many variable from tire construction, vehicle weight, driving style...... The best way is to do the chalk test to find what gives you an even contact patch
Explain this chalk test to me please.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread