5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooper Discoverer AT3 vs Falken Wildpeak AT3W

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I currently run the SL 275/60R20 version of the Falken Wildpeak AT3. Am considering a slightly bigger tire. Possible 285/60R20, but it’s only available in E/10 ply. How much rougher does the 10 ply ride vs the 4 ply? Any idea on how much MPG loss I’d maybe see given the higher weight?

I ran Coopers on my last truck they really developed a nasty noisy ride after about 25,000 miles. My Falkens have been brilliant and 52,000 miles in, just needing replacing.

Beavershu

Reaction score
Great feedback! I'm running the AT3W in 285/45/22, but have been thinking about exercising the 30-day test drive policy due to ride quality. The tires do seem to be settling and not picking up every single ripple where the blacktop was rolled, but I can't help wondering if the Coopers would be almost as good in rain / snow / dirt while providing better handling in the turns and a smoother ride.

Figuring out just how much performance / luxury you're willing to give up for a tire that can take you almost anywhere is quite the balancing act.
Hey man, I have the same 22” rims and am debating between the falkens and the Cooper rugged treks. Which ones did you end up with and how have they performed? Also, do you know if it’s possible to size up to a 305 without modification?

Users who are viewing this thread